Three Counties runner Sargeant shines at Sandringham
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club members Arthur Sargeant and Steve Arlington took part in the Sandringham XC 10k race around the beautiful grounds of the Royal Sandringham Estate.
The two laps of the 5k trail route cover a mixture of surfaces from woodland to road and a couple of big hills.
The race was a charity event to raise money for two local schools.
Arthur was the first club member home in a fantastic PB time of 53:36 followed by Steve in a great time of 1:05:34.
Junior Parkrun was a cold wet one this weekend but 20 little runners still managed to brave the weather and run in the timed 2k event.
Junior TCRC runner Maisie Macdonald was the first club runner home in 2nd position overall and 1st female in a time of 9:21 followed by Casey Grange in 11:45 and Stephanie Harbord in 12:55.
The Junior Parkrun is a timed 2k race that takes place every Sunday at 9am at The Wisbech Park for children between the age of 4-14. See Wisbech Junior Parkrun Facebook Page for details.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
Other Parkrun results
Daniel Barnes 19:53
Jonny Clark 20:46
Tracey Else 23:54
Marc Martin 24:47
Dawn Ball 24:58
Alice Ingman 26:21 PB
Emily Clarke 26:52PB
Victoria May 26:53PB
Colin Apps 26:56
Jodie Clark 28:14
Sarah Clark 23:41
Melvin Green 30:25PB
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at The Pinchbeck 10k and Tennyson eight miler on September 30.