Great turnout from Three Counties Running Club for King’s Lynn GEAR
- Credit: Archant
A Bank Holiday heat wave didn’t put off a great turnout from Three Counties Running Club at the Jane Tomlinson GEAR 10k and 1.2 miles Mini GEAR event at King’s Lynn on Sunday.
The first member to run for the club was 12 year old Maisie Macdonald in the Mini GEAR finishing in an unofficial time of 9m30secs. Maisie along with other club members were running for children’s charity ‘Reach for a star’.
As the 10k main event was starting it was certainly starting to warm up. First club runner home in a fantastic time of 41:50 was junior runner Morgan Harrison followed very closely by Graham Rushmer in 41:59 also gaining a PB.
Three Counties then had a steady flow of runners finishing with Lee Johnson crossing the line next in 43:20 and Daniel Barnes 44:13. Next to finish was first female TCRC member Nicole Coughlin in a great time of 45:44, Jonny Clark 46:36, Phil Newton 47:14PB, Karen Smith 48:25, Mark Mattless 49:51, Trudy Sayell 50:02, Lauren Day 50:17, Matt Hunter 51:01PB, Amy Baxter 53:19, Sarah Clark 54:02, Tracey Else 54:10, Vicki Newton 54:59PB, Nick Sheehan 55:49, Sarah Melton-Whitelam 55:58, Jade Woods 56:38PB, Debbie Agger 57:05, Dawn Ball 57:26PB, Sarah Johnson 58:33, Tony Lamb 58:35, Barry Clark 58:37PB, Kim Coultard 59:28PB, Alice Ingman 1:03:06PB, Zoe Gourley 1:03:08, Fay Gratton 1:03:21, Jodie Clark 1:03:25, Sarah Lamb 1:04:06, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 1:04:07, Steve Clarke 1:04:22PB, Cheryl Lenton 1:05:03, Frances Salter 1:06:03, Heidi Chapman 1:06:27, Anne-Marie Mattless 1:08:27, Steve Whitelam 1:09:09, Claire Marlborough 1:20:58PB, Spencer Neilly 1:26:45PB, Emma Sage 1:39:18 and Barbara Leake 1:39:19.
Sunday also saw Elisabeth Sennitt Clough take part in the Sleaford Half Marathon finishing in a fantastic time of 1:42:56.
You may also want to watch:
Bank Holiday Monday saw husband and wife team Steve and Sandra Rhodes take to the streets of Milton Keynes Running the half marathon in the MK running festival.
Steve was first to finish in a great time considering the heat in 2:06:12 followed by Sandra in 2:37:39.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
Colney Lane, Norwich
Colin Apps 24:03
Joely Apps 36:31
Victoria May 30:19
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at Waterbeach and the Dereham 10 miler.