Three Counties Running Club ladies bring it home
- Credit: Archant
On a warm Sunday morning Megan’s challenge 10k and 3k fun run took place at Gayton in Norfolk.
The three female Three Counties Running Club members took part in the mixed terrain 10k race whilst members of the Clough family ran the 3k fun run.
Megan’s challenge was established after the family’s young daughter Megan drowned whilst on holiday in 2010.
The family focused all their efforts into raising money for local charities in Megan’s name.
The first TCRC member home in the 3k race was Rebekah Clough in a time of 14:00 shortly followed by sister, Sarah, and dad, Tim, who was pacer in a time of 15:57.
The 10k event started at 11am with lots of other clubs and locals involved.
TCRC members Elisabeth Sennitt Clough, Trudy Sayell and Sarah Lamb lined up at the start ready and raring to go.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
First TCRC member home was Elisabeth in a time of 47:07 and also claimed first female across the line.
Next to finish and also claiming second female was Trudy in a time of 53:23.
Sarah put in a great effort and a speedy finish to complete the course in 1:08:35.
Active Fenland and TCRC was also involved Sunday in the launching of the first Junior Parkrun at Wisbech with 46 participants.
Children between the ages of four to 14 took part running in the free 2k timed event which takes place every Sunday at Wisbech Park starting at 9am.
TCRC had eight junior runners taking part with most of them running in their first event and all of them getting a course personal best (CPB)
First home for TCRC was Lily Amps 9:24, Maisie Macdonald 9:28, Hayden Hall 10:03, William Durkin 11:57, Casey Grange 12:07, Joseph Durkin 13:29, Esme Drake 21:54 and Stephanie Harbord 21:59.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors/ for more information.
Other Parkrun results
Colin Apps 25:14
Tracey Else 25:14
Joely Apps 34:03
Steve Clarke 30:02CPB
Victoria May 31:25
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 27:34 CPB
TCRC are next flying the flag at Pretty Mudder on June 2 and Junior Parkrun on June 3.