Three Counties Running Club ladies bring it home
- Credit: Archant
On a warm Sunday morning Megan’s challenge 10k and 3k fun run took place at Gayton in Norfolk.
The three female Three Counties Running Club members took part in the mixed terrain 10k race whilst members of the Clough family ran the 3k fun run.
Megan’s challenge was established after the family’s young daughter Megan drowned whilst on holiday in 2010.
The family focused all their efforts into raising money for local charities in Megan’s name.
The first TCRC member home in the 3k race was Rebekah Clough in a time of 14:00 shortly followed by sister, Sarah, and dad, Tim, who was pacer in a time of 15:57.
You may also want to watch:
The 10k event started at 11am with lots of other clubs and locals involved.
TCRC members Elisabeth Sennitt Clough, Trudy Sayell and Sarah Lamb lined up at the start ready and raring to go.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
First TCRC member home was Elisabeth in a time of 47:07 and also claimed first female across the line.
Next to finish and also claiming second female was Trudy in a time of 53:23.
Sarah put in a great effort and a speedy finish to complete the course in 1:08:35.
Active Fenland and TCRC was also involved Sunday in the launching of the first Junior Parkrun at Wisbech with 46 participants.
Children between the ages of four to 14 took part running in the free 2k timed event which takes place every Sunday at Wisbech Park starting at 9am.
TCRC had eight junior runners taking part with most of them running in their first event and all of them getting a course personal best (CPB)
First home for TCRC was Lily Amps 9:24, Maisie Macdonald 9:28, Hayden Hall 10:03, William Durkin 11:57, Casey Grange 12:07, Joseph Durkin 13:29, Esme Drake 21:54 and Stephanie Harbord 21:59.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors/ for more information.
Other Parkrun results
Colin Apps 25:14
Tracey Else 25:14
Joely Apps 34:03
Steve Clarke 30:02CPB
Victoria May 31:25
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 27:34 CPB
TCRC are next flying the flag at Pretty Mudder on June 2 and Junior Parkrun on June 3.