Personal bests and strong competition from Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had personal bests galore over the course of the week in 5k and 5 mile events across the county.
Dawn Ball took part in the Barney Memorial 5k event, which is a fast, flat race set in the beautiful country park of Ferry Meadows.
Dawn finished with a fantastic personal best of 25:11.
Sunday morning saw nine club members take part in the Thorney 5 mile event which is a flat road race.
The club saw eight members get some fantastic PB times with some as big as five minutes and also one member getting a first place age category award.
You may also want to watch:
Out of a big field of 218 runners, Three Counties Running Club member Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough had a fantastic race, not only to finish first club member home with a fantastic PB of 36:02, but also to win first in age prize in the female age 40 category.
Next home for the club was Michelle Brown 38:30PB, Vicki Drake 40:32PB, Teresa Rodrigues 42:04, Sharntelle Arlington 43:07PB, Dawn Ball 43:12PB, Sarah Johnson and Sarah-Jane Macdonald both PB’s 43:19 and Steve Arlington 48:54PB.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
Junior Parkrun saw 33 runners with junior club runner Maisie Macdonald finishing in 3rd place and 1st female in a time of 9:15.
Next club runner home was Casey Grange 11:50 and Stephanie Harbord 13:51.
Other Parkrun Results:
Gary Bligh 21:02
Trudy Sayell 22:52
Sarah Clark 23:06PB
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 25:57PB
Alice Ingman 27:30PB
Rebekah Clough 30:34
Elliot Green 30:14
Melvin Green 31:23PB
Sandra Rhodes 32:38
Daniel Barnes 20:23
Colin Apps 29:18
Joely Apps 34:36
Tracey Else 27:00
Jennie Sinclair 36:26PB
Husband and wife members Jonny and Jodie Clark took part in the 50 miles Tour de Broads cycle race which covers unique country roads of the norfolk broads.
• TCRC are next flying the flag on August 27 at Downham Market 10k event.