Personal bests and strong competition from Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had personal bests galore over the course of the week in 5k and 5 mile events across the county.
Dawn Ball took part in the Barney Memorial 5k event, which is a fast, flat race set in the beautiful country park of Ferry Meadows.
Dawn finished with a fantastic personal best of 25:11.
Sunday morning saw nine club members take part in the Thorney 5 mile event which is a flat road race.
The club saw eight members get some fantastic PB times with some as big as five minutes and also one member getting a first place age category award.
You may also want to watch:
Out of a big field of 218 runners, Three Counties Running Club member Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough had a fantastic race, not only to finish first club member home with a fantastic PB of 36:02, but also to win first in age prize in the female age 40 category.
Next home for the club was Michelle Brown 38:30PB, Vicki Drake 40:32PB, Teresa Rodrigues 42:04, Sharntelle Arlington 43:07PB, Dawn Ball 43:12PB, Sarah Johnson and Sarah-Jane Macdonald both PB’s 43:19 and Steve Arlington 48:54PB.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
Junior Parkrun saw 33 runners with junior club runner Maisie Macdonald finishing in 3rd place and 1st female in a time of 9:15.
Next club runner home was Casey Grange 11:50 and Stephanie Harbord 13:51.
Other Parkrun Results:
Gary Bligh 21:02
Trudy Sayell 22:52
Sarah Clark 23:06PB
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 25:57PB
Alice Ingman 27:30PB
Rebekah Clough 30:34
Elliot Green 30:14
Melvin Green 31:23PB
Sandra Rhodes 32:38
Daniel Barnes 20:23
Colin Apps 29:18
Joely Apps 34:36
Tracey Else 27:00
Jennie Sinclair 36:26PB
Husband and wife members Jonny and Jodie Clark took part in the 50 miles Tour de Broads cycle race which covers unique country roads of the norfolk broads.
• TCRC are next flying the flag on August 27 at Downham Market 10k event.