Personal bests and strong competition from Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had personal bests galore over the course of the week in 5k and 5 mile events across the county.
Dawn Ball took part in the Barney Memorial 5k event, which is a fast, flat race set in the beautiful country park of Ferry Meadows.
Dawn finished with a fantastic personal best of 25:11.
Sunday morning saw nine club members take part in the Thorney 5 mile event which is a flat road race.
The club saw eight members get some fantastic PB times with some as big as five minutes and also one member getting a first place age category award.
Out of a big field of 218 runners, Three Counties Running Club member Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough had a fantastic race, not only to finish first club member home with a fantastic PB of 36:02, but also to win first in age prize in the female age 40 category.
Next home for the club was Michelle Brown 38:30PB, Vicki Drake 40:32PB, Teresa Rodrigues 42:04, Sharntelle Arlington 43:07PB, Dawn Ball 43:12PB, Sarah Johnson and Sarah-Jane Macdonald both PB’s 43:19 and Steve Arlington 48:54PB.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 6 Missing woman back home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Junior Parkrun saw 33 runners with junior club runner Maisie Macdonald finishing in 3rd place and 1st female in a time of 9:15.
Next club runner home was Casey Grange 11:50 and Stephanie Harbord 13:51.
Other Parkrun Results:
Gary Bligh 21:02
Trudy Sayell 22:52
Sarah Clark 23:06PB
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 25:57PB
Alice Ingman 27:30PB
Rebekah Clough 30:34
Elliot Green 30:14
Melvin Green 31:23PB
Sandra Rhodes 32:38
Daniel Barnes 20:23
Colin Apps 29:18
Joely Apps 34:36
Tracey Else 27:00
Jennie Sinclair 36:26PB
Husband and wife members Jonny and Jodie Clark took part in the 50 miles Tour de Broads cycle race which covers unique country roads of the norfolk broads.
• TCRC are next flying the flag on August 27 at Downham Market 10k event.