Personal bests and strong competition from Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had personal bests galore over the course of the week in 5k and 5 mile events across the county.
Dawn Ball took part in the Barney Memorial 5k event, which is a fast, flat race set in the beautiful country park of Ferry Meadows.
Dawn finished with a fantastic personal best of 25:11.
Sunday morning saw nine club members take part in the Thorney 5 mile event which is a flat road race.
The club saw eight members get some fantastic PB times with some as big as five minutes and also one member getting a first place age category award.
You may also want to watch:
Out of a big field of 218 runners, Three Counties Running Club member Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough had a fantastic race, not only to finish first club member home with a fantastic PB of 36:02, but also to win first in age prize in the female age 40 category.
Next home for the club was Michelle Brown 38:30PB, Vicki Drake 40:32PB, Teresa Rodrigues 42:04, Sharntelle Arlington 43:07PB, Dawn Ball 43:12PB, Sarah Johnson and Sarah-Jane Macdonald both PB’s 43:19 and Steve Arlington 48:54PB.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
Junior Parkrun saw 33 runners with junior club runner Maisie Macdonald finishing in 3rd place and 1st female in a time of 9:15.
Next club runner home was Casey Grange 11:50 and Stephanie Harbord 13:51.
Other Parkrun Results:
Gary Bligh 21:02
Trudy Sayell 22:52
Sarah Clark 23:06PB
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 25:57PB
Alice Ingman 27:30PB
Rebekah Clough 30:34
Elliot Green 30:14
Melvin Green 31:23PB
Sandra Rhodes 32:38
Daniel Barnes 20:23
Colin Apps 29:18
Joely Apps 34:36
Tracey Else 27:00
Jennie Sinclair 36:26PB
Husband and wife members Jonny and Jodie Clark took part in the 50 miles Tour de Broads cycle race which covers unique country roads of the norfolk broads.
• TCRC are next flying the flag on August 27 at Downham Market 10k event.