Three Counties Running Club report: ‘Johnson LEE-ds the way’
- Credit: Archant
The weekend saw Three Counties Running Club Members travel to Bedford, Wissey and also Wells to take part in a 10k, two half marathons and an Olympic Triathlon event.
The Bedford Half marathon weekender started Saturday evening with the debut of The Twilight 10k race.
Sarah Lamb was the only member taking part in the event which started at 5:30pm on a multi terrain undulating course starting and finishing at the Priory Country Park. Sarah finished in a great time of 1:04:44.
Sunday morning saw three members along with 1950 other runners take part in the half marathon also starting and finishing at the country park.
It was a very warm morning getting warmer as the day went on with runners having to tackle not only the multi terrain and undulating course but also the heat.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Johnson was the first club runner home in 154th place and with a fantastic PB of 1:34:06.
In his first half marathon attempt Tony Lamb was next club member to finish with a great PB of 2:06:42 followed closely by Sarah Johnson with a very speedy finish crossing the line in 2:08:03.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
The Wissey Half marathon which is a fast flat course around the idyllic Norfolk countryside saw Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members Trudy Sayell who was using the event for marathon training and Tim Clough take on the course. Tim finished in a great time even with the heat of 1:40:55.
Wisbech Junior Parkrun saw another great turnout with five junior members taking part. First to finish for TCRC was William Durkin 10:49, Stephanie Harbord 14:23, Rio Drake 15:18, Joseph Durkin 18:37 and Laurence Durkin 18:48PB.
Three Counties Runner and Triathlete Arthur Sargeant took part in the North Norfolk Olympic Triathlon at Wells.
The event covers a 1.5k sea swim followed by a 40k cycle and finishing off with a 10k beach run.
The conditions of the course and the heat didn’t stop Arthur bagging a great personal best (PB smashing his three-hour prediction completing the course in a great time of 2:39:51).
Other Parkrun results:
Steve Clarke 30:04CPB (over 4 mins off)
Joely Apps 33:18
Colin Apps 23:03
Alice Ingman 26:52PB
Victoria May 29:09
Melvin Green 31:24
TCRC are next flying the flag at Pinchbeck 10k and Tennyson 8 on the September 30.