Three Counties Running Club’s Johnson leads Fen10 PB sweep
- Credit: Archant
On a fresh Sunday morning 20 Three Counties Running Club Members took part in the fast flat Fen10 event.
The 10-mile race that starts and finishes at Marshland High School takes in the sights of the surrounding villages.
Today was a big local event with several of our members running their first 10mile race but still managing to pull off 16PB’s in total.
First home for the club was Lee Johnson with a fantastic PB 1:10:09 followed closely by Tim Clough 1:11:25PB.
There was a steady flow of TCRC members finishing with Graham Rushmer next home in 1:12:49PB. First female for the club home was Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough in 1:14:44 not a PB but a fantastic time.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Bligh was next in 1:16:08, Claire Louise-Apted 1:16:30PB, Trudy Sayell 1:16:53, Mark Mattless 1:17:15PB, Michelle Brown 1:20:58PB, Matt Hunter 1:22:05PB, Teresa Rodrigues 1:22:59PB, Vicki Drake 1:23:29 PB, Sarah Clark 1:24:10PB, Amy Baxter 1:24:58 PB, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 1:27:59PB, Sharntelle Arlington 1:32:37PB, Sarah Johnson 1:34:02, Louise Drew 1:35:05PB, Steve Arlington 1:48:44PB and Anne-Marie Mattless 1:51:26 PB.
The halloween run that took part in Wisbech Park on Saturday saw TCRC members win both the 1k and 5k event.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 5 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Thirteen-year-old Maisie Macdonald won the 1k race with club member Hayden Hall claiming 2nd place in the 63 runner field.
Sixteen year old Morgan Harrison won the 5k event in a fantastic time of 18:46 with his Auntie, Fay Gratton finishing in a PB of 27:05.
Junior Parkrun saw five junior members take part with Hayden Hall claiming second place, just being out-sprinted but claiming a 30second PB of 8:34.
Next club member home was Maisie Macdonald 9:08, William Durkin 9:34, Stephanie Harbord 11:11PB and Laurence Durkin 17:53PB.
Hayden and Stephanie also claimed their marathon wristbands for completing 21 races.
Colin Apps and his daughter Joely traveled to Boston, Lincolnshire to take part in his 250th Parkrun which is no mean feet.
Colin finished in 24:17 and Joely 37:04.
Other Parkrun results
Donna Johnson 28:13
Melvin Green 29:23PB
Stephen Rhodes 23:38
Sandra Rhodes 33:20
Steve Clarke 31:58
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag on November 11 at their own sold-out event. the GM10K.