Three Counties Runners gain personal bests at Shouldham Cross Country event - despite the cold weather snap
- Credit: Archant
The snow, cold winds and ice didn’t put off Three Counties Running Club Members running their socks off at the final Shouldham Cross Country event of the series and bagging lots of PB’s and podium places.
Once again Under 17s Runner Morgan Harrison ran a fantastic race finishing in a time of 25:44 grabbing 2nd in age place not only for the race but also the entire series.
First home in the 6.5km race for TCRC was Senior Mens Runner Graham Rushmer in a great time of 25:58 followed by Lee Johnson 27:02PB.
Louise Drew finished in 40:46 after taking a tumble at the start.
You may also want to watch:
Vet ladies 35-39
Sarah Johnson not only got a PB with a time of 35:46 but also grabbed 3rd in age podium place followed by Fay Gratton in 39:50.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Vet Men 40-44
Kersten Muller 29:37 followed by Matt Hunter 35:44PB.
Vet Ladies 40-44
Claire Apted ran into 2nd of age place and also managed a PB of 31:11 followed by team mate Tracey Else taking 3rd in age spot and a time of 33:47.
Vet Ladies 45-49
Sarah Lamb 42:30PB
Vet Men 50-54
A strong three Counties field with Stephen Rhodes running a PB 30:58, Colin Apps 33:43, Arthur Sargeant 34:38 and Tony Lamb 35:47PB.
Vet Ladies +55
A fantastic run by Sandra Rhodes racing into a podium 3rd place spot and a PB 38:29.
Colin Apps 25:46
Joely Apps 59:39(tail runner)
Steve Clarke 37:10
TCRC are next flying the flag Sunday at the Wyndham20 miler and the London landmarks Half marathon.
Don’t forget to check out ThreeCountiesRC Facebook page and website for details on the up and coming Bunny Run which is being held on Good Friday at Wisbech Park. Visit: www.threecountiesrc.org