THREE COUNTIES RUNNING CLUB: Magnificent seven take on Cambridge Saucony
- Credit: Archant
After all the snow and ice during the week and parkrun’s being called off all across the country it was doubtful if the Cambridge Saucony Half Marathon would still go ahead.
But it seemed that in one day the weather changed from snow and ice to nothing on Sunday morning apart from a few showers and coldness.
Seven Three Counties Running Club Members took the early start to Cambridge on a bitterly cold start to the day to take part in an amazing event with massive support during the entire 13.1 miles.
The support from the small villages was amazing with sweets and cakes being offered by the locals, live music and even steel bands playing “feeling Hot hot hot”, which we all wished we were.
First TCRC member to finish bringing it home for the ladies was Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough in a fantastic personal best (PB) of 1:40:16 followed by husband Tim in 1:45:31.
Next home was Marc Martin 1:58:04, Debbie Agger in a fantastic PB of 2:00:48 knocking an incredible seven minutes off her last half-marathon time, Matt Hunter 2:04:43, Vicki Drake and Sarah-Jane Macdonald both crossing the line in 2:16:15.
Visit Three Counties website and Facebook page for information on the Easter Bunny 5k and 1k Run on Friday March 30 at Wisbech Park.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
There will be stalls, food and beverages and Easter Egg hunt.
All profits raised will go to the Callum-Pites-Smiles charity, putting smiles on young faces.
Tickets available online: www.threecountiesrc.org