ATHLETICS: Three Counties runners record healthy weekend times at Green Wheel Relay
- Credit: Archant
Runners from Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) produced some impressive results over the weekend.
Three mixed teams amid a 50-team field took part in the Green Wheel Relay around Peterborough on Sunday.
Team Norfolk were first home for TCRC, with the team of captain Lee Johnson, Amy Baxter, Matt Knott, Gary Ingrey, Sarah Clark, Sarah-Jane Macdonald and Karen Smith finishing third overall in a time of 6:25:59.
Next to finish were Team Cambridgeshire, as skipper Steve Rhodes, Debbie Agger, Sarah Johnson, Stewart Harrison, Aaron Petts, Lorraine Parker and Vicki Drake finished in 10th place overall in 6:58:47.
Team Lincolnshire were just a place behind, the team of Antony Coultard, Zoe Gourley, Sarah Melton-Whitelam, Dawn Ball, Kersten Muller, Matt Hunter and Sandra Rhodes crossing the line in a time of 7:05:40.
You may also want to watch:
Five TCRC runners took part in the Wisbech Junior Parkrun event, all displaying great performances.
Hayden Hall was first home in 9:15, followed by Joshua Trundle with 9:16, Keira Fines (9:56), Isaac Western (10:55) and Kallum Hall (11:17).
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
Oliver Knott was the sole TCRC representative at the King's Lynn Junior Parkrun, recording a brilliant time of 12:17.
TCRC are next in action at the Peterborough 5k Series and The Whitemoor five-miler on July 7.
FULL PARKRUN RESULTS
Jonny Clark 21:15, Chris Craddock 22:58, Keira Fines 29:02, Colin Apps 29:03, Tracy Pratt 29:53 PB, Summer Fleming 33:58 PB and Lisa Woolley 35:30 PB.
Melvin Green 28:51 PB and Sarah Lamb 32:18.
Stephen Rhodes 23:29 and Sandra Rhodes 33:25.
Justin Showell 26:13 (SC with buggy)