ATHLETICS: Three Counties runners skip the Christmas gifts for impressive festive parkruns
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club members skipped the presents and mulled wine for the outdoors as they took part in festive parkruns.
Runners travelled to Boston and Crowland on Christmas Day, with the former event containing a 196-strong field.
The first TCRC member home at Boston was Lee Johnson, who finished ninth in a time of 20:23, followed by Andi Woolley (21:29); Matt Hunter (26:10); Tracey Else (27:18); Sarah Melton-Whitelam (28:27); Sarah Johnson (28:28); Tony Lamb (30:18); Jennie Sinclair (32:41); Sarah Lamb (33:01); Lisa Woolley (34:05); Diane Petchell (34:07) and Steve Whitelam (34:08).
Three TCRC runners completed the Crowland course, with Victoria May (31:10), Colin Apps (31:11) and Arthir Sargeant (31:12) all crossing the line together.
On Sunday (December 29), half of the 28 runners were TCRC junior members that took part in the Wisbech junior parkrun, achieving some impressive results.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Wilson came first in 8:01, with Jack Williams (8:07) and Jamie Wilson (8:15) following soon after. Maisie Macdonald finished as first female in sixth place with a time of 8:48 in her 50th junior parkrun.
Other members in the junior parkrun were: Zoe Wilson (9:35); William Durkin (9:43); Keira Fines (10:19); Isaac Western (10:42); Joshua Trundle (10:50); Stephanie Harbord (12:10); Luke Wilson (12:38); Jake Trundle (12:41); Emma Wilson (15:34) and Laurence Durkin (16:59 - Personal Best).
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
Husband and wife duo Mark and Anne-Marie Mattless represented TCRC in the Cambridge Sublime 10k race on Sunday (December 29).
On a mixed terrain course that starts and finishes at Midsummer Common while taking in the views of Cambridge city centre, Mark managed a fantastic PB time of 46.12 and Anne-Marie, who was celebrating her birthday, finished with a great time of 1:03:10.
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
Bury St Edmunds
Steve Rhodes (24:49) and Sandra Rhodes (34:51).
Matthew Knott (21:24); Mark Mattless (21:34 - PB); Anne-Marie Mattless (29:19 - PB); Katie Doiley (33:18) and Diane Petchell (34:28).
Mel Green (30:00); Donna Johnson (30:02); Victoria May (30:28); Laura Vincent (31:20) and Sarah Lamb (32:35).
Rickie Trundle (19:33 - PB); Daniel Barnes (19:34); Kersten Müller (21:51) and Joshua Trundle 32:00.
Colin Apps (25:04).