ATHLETICS: Three Counties runners skip the Christmas gifts for impressive festive parkruns
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club members skipped the presents and mulled wine for the outdoors as they took part in festive parkruns.
Runners travelled to Boston and Crowland on Christmas Day, with the former event containing a 196-strong field.
The first TCRC member home at Boston was Lee Johnson, who finished ninth in a time of 20:23, followed by Andi Woolley (21:29); Matt Hunter (26:10); Tracey Else (27:18); Sarah Melton-Whitelam (28:27); Sarah Johnson (28:28); Tony Lamb (30:18); Jennie Sinclair (32:41); Sarah Lamb (33:01); Lisa Woolley (34:05); Diane Petchell (34:07) and Steve Whitelam (34:08).
Three TCRC runners completed the Crowland course, with Victoria May (31:10), Colin Apps (31:11) and Arthir Sargeant (31:12) all crossing the line together.
On Sunday (December 29), half of the 28 runners were TCRC junior members that took part in the Wisbech junior parkrun, achieving some impressive results.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Wilson came first in 8:01, with Jack Williams (8:07) and Jamie Wilson (8:15) following soon after. Maisie Macdonald finished as first female in sixth place with a time of 8:48 in her 50th junior parkrun.
Other members in the junior parkrun were: Zoe Wilson (9:35); William Durkin (9:43); Keira Fines (10:19); Isaac Western (10:42); Joshua Trundle (10:50); Stephanie Harbord (12:10); Luke Wilson (12:38); Jake Trundle (12:41); Emma Wilson (15:34) and Laurence Durkin (16:59 - Personal Best).
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Husband and wife duo Mark and Anne-Marie Mattless represented TCRC in the Cambridge Sublime 10k race on Sunday (December 29).
On a mixed terrain course that starts and finishes at Midsummer Common while taking in the views of Cambridge city centre, Mark managed a fantastic PB time of 46.12 and Anne-Marie, who was celebrating her birthday, finished with a great time of 1:03:10.
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
Bury St Edmunds
Steve Rhodes (24:49) and Sandra Rhodes (34:51).
Matthew Knott (21:24); Mark Mattless (21:34 - PB); Anne-Marie Mattless (29:19 - PB); Katie Doiley (33:18) and Diane Petchell (34:28).
Mel Green (30:00); Donna Johnson (30:02); Victoria May (30:28); Laura Vincent (31:20) and Sarah Lamb (32:35).
Rickie Trundle (19:33 - PB); Daniel Barnes (19:34); Kersten Müller (21:51) and Joshua Trundle 32:00.
Colin Apps (25:04).