Three Counties Running Club junior, Morgan, on fire at regions
- Credit: Archant
A fantastic weekend of running by Three Counties Running Club which started on a cold and wet Saturday morning at Burghley House in the Regions Cross Country event.
Morgan Harrison, 15, who goes to the University Academy Holbeach represented South Lincolnshire in the 5.7k event for the Under 17’s finishing in a very respectable 31st place.
Morgan had worked really hard to get there by qualifying in November 2017 at the Princess Ann Arena in Boston where he finished in 9th place.
Sunday saw a fantastic turnout at the Shouldham XC Series with 15 runners braving the cold and snow.
Again the Juniors represented the club brilliantly with both winning prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Morgan Harrison coming 2nd in the U17 in a time of 19:12 and Joely Apps also in U17 in a time of 32:35.
You may also want to watch:
The senior results are as follows:
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Lee Johnson 20:24
Sarah Johnson 26:34
Mark Mattless 24:32
Matt Hunter 25:03
Cheryl Lenton 32:06
Anne-Marie Mattless 32:06
Sarah Lamb 31:37
Stephen Rhodes 22:59
Colin Apps 24:03
Arthur Sargeant 26:16
Tony Lamb 26:21
Sandra Rhodes 32:06
Three Counties Running Club members also travelled to Folksworth and St Albans Sunday. Runners at both events had to battle the elements of ice, winds and snow but all managed really respectable times.
Husband and wife team Tim and Elisabeth Clough ran a fantastic race at the Folksworth 15miler finishing in 2:00:22 Tim and 2:01:42 for Elisabeth.
Nick Sheehan again battled the elements at St Albans in the Fred Hugh 10 miles finishing in a great time of 1:40:00.
Park run results
Colin Apps 27:17
Tony Lamb 27:20 PB
Sarah Lamb 32:32CPB
Joely Apps 37:48
Frances Salter 35:22
Three Counties next event will be Saturday January 27, running Steve Clarke’s charity event to raise money for the charity Tommy’s.