Three Counties Running Club play their part as relay helps charity
- Credit: TCRC
Three Counties Running Club have been doing their bit for charity with support for CPSL MIND.
The charity, which helps people in their recovery from mental health challenges across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and south Lincolnshire, were the beneficiaries of a combined effort from a number of clubs in the area.
Three Counties were were approached by Fenland Running Club member Andy Beveridge to see if they would support his idea of a social-distance relay.
The event started at 7am on Saturday, before halting 12 hours later, and then resumed at 7am on Sunday with the last runner finishing at 7pm.
In total there were 110 runners taking part from TCRC, Fenland and Globetrotters with the event having raised £2,200 so far.
Jennie Sinclair, Tracy Pratt, Sarah Clark, Ewa Szczygielska, Josh Trundle, Rickie Trundle, Lorraine Parker, Molly Gayler, Debbie Agger, Jacqueline McGonigle, David O’Brien, Matt Hunter, Tracy Adams, Dawn Ball, Amy Baxter, Mandy Doggett, Steve Bennington, Mark Mattless, Anne-Marie Mattless, Alice Ingman, Gary Bligh, Sarah-Jane Macdonald and Maisie Macdonald all took part for TCRC.
Mandy Doggett meanwhile took part in her first ever half marathon, clocking a time of two hours 57 minutes 56 seconds.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 4 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 9 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour