Three Counties Running Club find their way across the Irish Sea to the Emerald Isle
- Credit: TCRC
Three Counties running club may cover the counties of Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk but they have also made their way to Ireland.
Jacqueline McGonigle, who joined the club whilst living in the Emerald Isle, took part in the Championship Ireland Festival of Running half marathon.
The event, which should of taken place in September, was moved from Maze to the Down Royal Racecourse in County Down.
And good conditions, as well as a relatively flat four-lap course, saw McGonigle finish in two hours 55 minutes 35 seconds.
Charity was high in the minds of Ewa Szczygielska and Mandy Doggett.
They took part in events for Breast Cancer Now and Prostrate Cancer UK. Szczygielska had to cover a total distance of 100k in the month of March while Doggett was meant to cover 50 miles but in the end managed 106.5.
A field of 65, aged between four and 10, was attracted to the Wisbech Junior Parkrun on Sunday morning.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Missing woman back home
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
Among the TCRC juniors taking part there were PBs for Isaac Western, Daniel Beitan, Anika Beitane and Esme Drake.