Success for runners in a 50 mile relay
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club entered three teams into the Green Wheel relay around Peterborough.
Local runners joined more than 40 other teams in the 50 mile relay around Peterborough.
The seven stage relay race starts and finishes at Peterborough Athletics track and covers 50 miles in total with seven runners in a team running various distances from 4.3 miles up to 8.6 miles each.
The Three Counties Running club teams were:
Men’s Norfolk team - Tim Clough, Morgan Harrison, Phil Newton, Kersten Muller, Stewart Harrison, Daniel Barnes and Jonny Clark.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Lincolnshire team - Tracey Else, Cheryl Lenton, Trudy Sayell, Lauren Day, Elisabeth Sennitt Clough, Karen Louise and Sarah Johnson.
Mixed Cambridgeshire team - Matt Hunter, Colin Apps, Sarah-Jane Macdonald, Arthur Sargeant, Sarah Clark, Zoe Gourley and Dawn Ball.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
The men’s team was the first to finish in a fantastic team time of 6hrs and 14mins followed by the ladies in a team time of 7:07:02 and then the mixed team in a combined time of 7:30:13.
This was a real big team effort with cycle support on every leg by Gary Bligh, Nick Sheehan, Sarah Lamb, Keith White, Wayne Bradley and Steve Lenton.
The start of the Peterborough Grand Prix 5k series took place on June 6 where Trudy Sayell and Dawn Ball flew the TCRC flag. Trudy was first club member home in 23:46 followed by Dawn with a personal best of 26:24.
The fourth Wisbech Parkrun had another great turnout of 43 runners taking part in the free 2k race.
TCRC had seven junior runners with Maisie Macdonald coming home first in her age, 2nd female and 5th overall with a time of 9:38, followed by William Durkin 10:33PB, Casey Grange 11:36, Emily Salter 14:02, Stephanie Harbord 16:05, Esme Drake 17:10 and Joseph Durkin 17:43.
Other Parkrun results:
Gary Bligh 21:58
Victoria May 29:23PB
Mark Mattless 22:36PB
Jonny Clark 25:11
Jodie Clark 29:42
Colin Apps 25:41
Joely Apps 38:21
Stephen Rhodes 24:01CPB
Sandra Rhodes 31:42 CPB
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at the Whitemoor five miler and fun run on July 1.