Three Counties Running Club defy the weather to produce impressive results
- Credit: Archant
Despite sweltering conditions, Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) still managed to pull out the stops over the weekend.
Four runners took part in the Coltishall Jaguars Mike Groves 10k event on Sunday, Mark Mattless first home in a time of 50:54 before Anne-Marie Mattless finished in 1:12:57.
Karen Smith was next home in a time of 1:11:51, with Matt Hunter completing the course in 1:21:32 with the help of Karen and paramedics having collapsed due to heat exhaustion.
TCRC were represented in the London Vitality 10k on Monday, May 27, who both had reasons to be cheerful.
Colin Apps was running in his first race since suffering a back injury, finding his fast running feet again in a time of 48:41, whilst Melvin Green raised £469 for the Teenage Cancer Trust and finished in 1:02:36.
You may also want to watch:
The Junior Parkrun at Wisbech saw six TCRC members among the 34-strong field, Maisie Macdonald first home in sixth place in a time of 9:05.
Oliver Knott flew the flag for TCRC in the King's Lynn Parkrun, coming home in a personal best of 12:20.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
TCRC are next running on June 9 at the Marham 10k, The Sutton Beast 10k and The Tribe Bridge to Bridge two-hour challenge run.
Keira Fines 10:26, Isaac Western 10:50, Jake Trundle 11:09, Stephanie Harbord 11:20 and Callum Bates 14:09.
Donna Johnson 29:44 and Melvin Green 29:46.
Daniel Barnes 19:19 and Tamara Barnes 33:51.
Stephen Rhodes 23:46 and Sandra Rhodes 33:51.
Tracey Else 26:16 and Colin Apps 26:17.
Justin Showell 28:54 (SC with buggy)