ATHLETICS: Strong results for Three Counties Running Club ahead of summer relay event
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members were keeping busy ahead of their summer relay event this weekend.
The husband and wife duo of Mark and Anne-Marie Mattless travelled to RAF Coltishall to take part in the Scottow Sundowner 5k race in midweek, recording respectable times.
Mark finished the flat road race around the air force base in a time of 22:53, with Anne-Marie crossing the line in 33:25.
Sunday's Wisbech junior parkrun saw seven TCRC runners compete within a 38-strong field.
Hayden Hall was the first club member home in 8:51, coming fifth overall, followed by Joshua Trundle (9:45), Jake Trundle (12:22), Kallum Hall (14:17), Callum Bates (17:18), Stephanie Harbord (17:22) and Isaac Western (17:40).
You may also want to watch:
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
Lee Johnson 19:45 and Janette Smith 33:22 (PB).
Tony Lamb 31:16 and Sarah Lamb 33:08.
Steve Rhodes 23:34 (second in age group), Donna Johnson 29:25, Victoria May 31:06 and Sandra Rhodes 33:52 (first in age group).
Colin Apps 23:29 and Joely Apps 40:19.
There is still time to enter the summer relays event held this Saturday at Wisbech Park.
Competitors will require four members and there is a child's, family and competitive race on offer.