ATHLETICS: Strong results for Three Counties Running Club ahead of summer relay event
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members were keeping busy ahead of their summer relay event this weekend.
The husband and wife duo of Mark and Anne-Marie Mattless travelled to RAF Coltishall to take part in the Scottow Sundowner 5k race in midweek, recording respectable times.
Mark finished the flat road race around the air force base in a time of 22:53, with Anne-Marie crossing the line in 33:25.
Sunday's Wisbech junior parkrun saw seven TCRC runners compete within a 38-strong field.
Hayden Hall was the first club member home in 8:51, coming fifth overall, followed by Joshua Trundle (9:45), Jake Trundle (12:22), Kallum Hall (14:17), Callum Bates (17:18), Stephanie Harbord (17:22) and Isaac Western (17:40).
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
- 1 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
Lee Johnson 19:45 and Janette Smith 33:22 (PB).
Tony Lamb 31:16 and Sarah Lamb 33:08.
Steve Rhodes 23:34 (second in age group), Donna Johnson 29:25, Victoria May 31:06 and Sandra Rhodes 33:52 (first in age group).
Colin Apps 23:29 and Joely Apps 40:19.
There is still time to enter the summer relays event held this Saturday at Wisbech Park.
Competitors will require four members and there is a child's, family and competitive race on offer.