Runners slowly returning to normality thanks to Green Wheel Relay
- Credit: Three Counties Running Club
Normality is gradually returning for Three Counties Running Club.
Two teams entered this year's Green Wheel Relay, which starts and finishes at the Embankment in Peterborough covering 49 miles over seven legs.
Team Counties were Lee Johnson, Sarah Johnson, Dawn Ball, Gary Bligh, Matthew Knott, Michelle Brown and Amy Baxter finishing in a total time of six hours, two minutes and 47 seconds.
Team Three were Rickie Trundle, Debbie Agger, Donna Johnson, Gary Ingrey, Kersten Müller, Matt Hunter and Karen Smith finishing in a total time of 06:44:38.
Richard Stapleton took part in his first official race since lockdown running in the Marriott trail half marathon towards Norwich, finishing 12th overall.
Junior parkrun saw 40 runners at Wisbech Park last week on a slightly cooler day. First TCRC junior runner home was Isaac Western 9:37, Callum Bates 12:06 and Rowan Coultard 13:32.
Members also ran the Thetford half-marathon with Sarah Melton-Whitelam, Steve Whitelam, Tony Lamb and Tracy Adams taking part.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 OPINION: Alliance challenges 'political point scoring' by opposition leader
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
Sarah-Jane Macdonald finished the virtual Cowman City trails duathlon in 2:41:56, while Jacqueline McGonigle ran The Gaithouse Ultra - Compare NI Florida 24-hour challenge in 12:01:43.