RUNNING: Three Counties Running Club report ‘Macdonald’s personal best at Waterbeach Running Festival’
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club mother and daughter team, Sarah-Jane and Maisie Macdonald travelled to Cambridge Saturday morning (May 12) to take part in the Waterbeach Running Festival.
Twelve-year-old Maisie ran in the 2k race coming first in her age category, second female and 22nd out of 244 runners also finishing with a personal best (PB) of 9:28.
It was then mums turn in the 5k race where Sarah-Jane finished in a time of 26:04, third in age category, 30th out of 84 runners and smashed her PB that had stood for two years.
Sunday saw (May13) Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members take on the Dereham 10-mile event with the nasty last four miles all up hill.
Husband and wife team Tony and Sarah Lamb were both racing in their first 10-mile event with Tony finishing in 1:34:04PB and Sarah in 1:48:32PB.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hunter was also running for the club finishing in 1:38:23.
Sunday, Elisabeth Sennitt Clough ran the Halstead Marathon which took place around picturesque villages on a rather hilly course with the final mile all up hill.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Elisabeth finished the marathon in 3:41:20 and in her words “it was a tough one”.
Mark Mattless 22:46
Colin Apps 23:29
Steve Clarke 29:33 PB
Anne-Marie Mattless 31:39
Nicole Coughlin 23:56(pacer)
Andrew Coventon 23:56
Daniel Barnes 19:54CPB
Stephen Rhodes 25:43
Sandra Rhodes 33:51
Sunday also saw TCRC involved in a trial run of the new Junior Parkrun that starts on May 27 at Wisbech Park.
The junior park run is a FREE 2k run for ages four to 14 and is every Sunday starting at 9am.
For more information on how to register to get your barcode, visit: www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors/