RUNNING: Three Counties Running Club report ‘Macdonald’s personal best at Waterbeach Running Festival’
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club mother and daughter team, Sarah-Jane and Maisie Macdonald travelled to Cambridge Saturday morning (May 12) to take part in the Waterbeach Running Festival.
Twelve-year-old Maisie ran in the 2k race coming first in her age category, second female and 22nd out of 244 runners also finishing with a personal best (PB) of 9:28.
It was then mums turn in the 5k race where Sarah-Jane finished in a time of 26:04, third in age category, 30th out of 84 runners and smashed her PB that had stood for two years.
Sunday saw (May13) Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members take on the Dereham 10-mile event with the nasty last four miles all up hill.
Husband and wife team Tony and Sarah Lamb were both racing in their first 10-mile event with Tony finishing in 1:34:04PB and Sarah in 1:48:32PB.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hunter was also running for the club finishing in 1:38:23.
Sunday, Elisabeth Sennitt Clough ran the Halstead Marathon which took place around picturesque villages on a rather hilly course with the final mile all up hill.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Elisabeth finished the marathon in 3:41:20 and in her words “it was a tough one”.
Mark Mattless 22:46
Colin Apps 23:29
Steve Clarke 29:33 PB
Anne-Marie Mattless 31:39
Nicole Coughlin 23:56(pacer)
Andrew Coventon 23:56
Daniel Barnes 19:54CPB
Stephen Rhodes 25:43
Sandra Rhodes 33:51
Sunday also saw TCRC involved in a trial run of the new Junior Parkrun that starts on May 27 at Wisbech Park.
The junior park run is a FREE 2k run for ages four to 14 and is every Sunday starting at 9am.
For more information on how to register to get your barcode, visit: www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors/