Hot weather does not stop good results for running club
- Credit: Archant
The warm weather didn’t stop Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) getting some fantastic results over the course of the week.
The second of five races in the 5k Grand Prix Series took place at Eye with a great turnout of nine TCRC members.
First runner home for TCRC was junior runner Morgan Harrison 20:10 followed by first TCRC female Karen Smith 22:39, Trudy Sayell 23:21, Dawn Ball 26:18 PB, Sarah Johnson 26:24, Tony Lamb 27:22, Fay Gratton 28:51, Steve Clarke 29:23PB and Sarah Lamb 30:31.
Then club members on Sunday travelled to the Grimsthorpe 10 mile race and Abbey 10k in Ramsey.
Grimsthorpe 10 mile was a single lap route around Grimsthorpe Castle and lake taking in the beautiful scenery on a rather hilly mixed terrain course on a very warm day.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Clarke completed the race with a personal best 1:59:56.
Three of the TCRC ladies travelled to Ramsey to race in the Abbey 10k which was a flat, mixed terrain course around the beautiful historic Abbey.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
First TCRC member home just three seconds off a personal best was Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough in 45:37 followed by Vicki Drake 56:28C personal best and Zoe Gourley in 1:00:23.
Wisbech Junior Parkrun had another fantastic turnout of 46 runners with seven of them from TCRC.
First home for TCRC in sixth position was Maisie Macdonald with a PB 9:26 followed by Hayden Hall 10:35, William Durkin 11:14, Casey Grange 11:16, Stephanie Harbord 14:24, Kallum Hall 17:28CPB and Joseph Durkin 24:50.
Other Parkrun results were March with Victoria May in 28:35PB and Barry Clark 28:35.
In King’s Lynn Tracy Else in 25:01 and Colin Apps in 25:01, Barbara Leake 34:54 and Emma Sage 36:25.
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at the Whitemoor five miler and fun run on July 1 and also Wisbech Junior Parkrun.