Magnificent Seven for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
A great weekend of running took place for Three Counties Running Club members.
The weekend started with the 10k Rutland night race which began at 7pm around the lakes which were lit up with low level lights and a sea of head torches lighting the way.
Cheryl Lenton ran on the Friday evening and finished in a great time of 1:02:21.
On the Saturday evening seven club members took part with Lee Johnson finishing first club runner home in a fantastic PB of 40:54 and finishing in 7th place out of 425 runners.
The other six club members, who wanted to run as a social event so they could take in the brilliant atmosphere, started and finished the race together.
They were Amy Baxter 56:19, Sarah Clark 56:21, Teresa Rodrigues and Vicki Drake 56:23, Sarah Johnson and Sarah-Jane Macdonald 56:24.
Sunday saw 10 club members travel to Long Sutton to race the Sublime 10k which started and finished at the Peele School.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
The first club runner home was Daniel Barnes 41:12PB, Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 45:41, Matthew Knott 46:31PB, Matt Hunter 48:54PB, Michelle Brown 53:29, Dawn Ball 53:56, Tracey Else and Frances Salter 1:00:10, Chery Lenton 1:03:47 and Steve Clarke 1:07:12.
Sunday also saw Trudy Sayell stick her to her marathon training plan and run in the St Neots Half Marathon finishing in a cracking time of 1:43:13.
Junior Parkrun at Wisbech saw five junior members amongst the 22 runner field at Wisbech Park.
First club member home was Maisie Macdonald in 3rd place, 2nd Female and 1st in age in 9:29, Hayden Hall 11:26, Stephanie Harbord 11:33, Issac Western 12:00 and Molli Western 17:27.
Other Parkrun results:
Tim Clough 20:31
Dawn Ball 24:35
Jennie Sinclair 31:38 PB
Jonny Clark 25:37
Sarah Melton-Whitelam 33:16
Jodie Clark 33:59
Steve Whitelam 34:59PB
Graham Rushmer 20:53
Emily Clarke 26:06
Joely Apps 36:34
Colin Apps 36:35
Elliot Green 37:31
Melvin Green 37:32
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at the Hereward relays.