Three Counties runners take to the city for the Town and Gown 10K
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club were out on the town in Cambridge when they took part in the Town and Gown 10k race.
The town and gown series has 10k events in Cambridge, Oxford and Leicester.
The Cambridge race passed through the beautiful city taking in the sights of the historic University College and running along the River Cam.
Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough was the first club member home in a fantastic PB of 44:02 followed by Sharntelle Arlington in 55:02 shortly followed by her Dad, Steve Arlington in 1:03:51.
It was also 50th Parkrun celebrations at March for club member Victoria May who also achieved a PB on her 50th Parkrun.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Parkrun had 30 runners again on a much warmer and sunnier day than last week.
First club member home was Maisie Macdonald in 3rd place and 2nd female in 9:06 followed by William Durkin 9:59, Hayden Hall 10:05, Stephanie Harbord 12:09, Joseph Durkin 16:46 and Laurence Durkin 20:03,
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
Other Parkrun results:
March: Colin Apps 22:47PB; Mark Mattless 23:34; Sarah Johnson 26:43 PB; Victoria May 27:21PB; Tony Lamb 27:30; Donna Johnson 28:31
Melvin Green 30:16; Sarah Lamb 31:16.
Kingslynn: Gary Ingrey 23:11 PB; Sarah Clark 23:56; Emily Clarke 24:35 PB; Dawn Ball 24:40; Keith White 26:18; Tracey Else 26:18; Tina Rust 33:00.
Littleport: Stephen Rhodes 22:35PB; Sandra Rhodes 40:16; Gorleston Cliffs; Daniel Barnes 19:44.
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at the Fen10 event on October 28.
• There is a Halloween run at Wisbech Park on Saturday October 27. Open to all 10.30am 1k race £1. The 11am 5k race is £5. Get those spooky costumes out and have some fun as a family.