Three Counties runners take to the city for the Town and Gown 10K
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club were out on the town in Cambridge when they took part in the Town and Gown 10k race.
The town and gown series has 10k events in Cambridge, Oxford and Leicester.
The Cambridge race passed through the beautiful city taking in the sights of the historic University College and running along the River Cam.
Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough was the first club member home in a fantastic PB of 44:02 followed by Sharntelle Arlington in 55:02 shortly followed by her Dad, Steve Arlington in 1:03:51.
It was also 50th Parkrun celebrations at March for club member Victoria May who also achieved a PB on her 50th Parkrun.
Junior Parkrun had 30 runners again on a much warmer and sunnier day than last week.
First club member home was Maisie Macdonald in 3rd place and 2nd female in 9:06 followed by William Durkin 9:59, Hayden Hall 10:05, Stephanie Harbord 12:09, Joseph Durkin 16:46 and Laurence Durkin 20:03,
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 8 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Other Parkrun results:
March: Colin Apps 22:47PB; Mark Mattless 23:34; Sarah Johnson 26:43 PB; Victoria May 27:21PB; Tony Lamb 27:30; Donna Johnson 28:31
Melvin Green 30:16; Sarah Lamb 31:16.
Kingslynn: Gary Ingrey 23:11 PB; Sarah Clark 23:56; Emily Clarke 24:35 PB; Dawn Ball 24:40; Keith White 26:18; Tracey Else 26:18; Tina Rust 33:00.
Littleport: Stephen Rhodes 22:35PB; Sandra Rhodes 40:16; Gorleston Cliffs; Daniel Barnes 19:44.
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag at the Fen10 event on October 28.
• There is a Halloween run at Wisbech Park on Saturday October 27. Open to all 10.30am 1k race £1. The 11am 5k race is £5. Get those spooky costumes out and have some fun as a family.