Three county champions and host of other medal winners as Fenland Gymnastics Academy makes great start to season
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy (FGA) has had a fantastic start to season, with three county champions crowned.
Three girls took part in the National Grades competition in Ipswich alongside gymnasts from 15 different clubs from the East Region.
Ann-Morgan Eidt and Georgia Dilley passed their National Grade 4 and Jessica Langley passed with highly commended her National Grade 3 competition.
Twenty girls represented FGA at the County Club Grade Championships in Huntingdon where they competed against gymnasts from five clubs within Cambridgeshire.
Seven year-olds Shanae Sigorney and Lucy Dear competed in the Compulsory 6 category. They performed beautifully, with Sigorney becoming county champion and Dear taking silver.
You may also want to watch:
In the Club Grade 6 category, Charlotte Walker finished ninth in a large field.
There was a clean sweep at age 9/10, with Isabella Brownlow becoming county champion, Kacia Craigen second, Lily Gowler third and Maisie Macdonald fourth.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
In the 11+ age group, Lila Causey became county champion, with Lucy Gowler taking silver.
In Grade 5, Sophie West, Jodie Everitt and Ella Wilson competed in the 10/11 age group, with Ella fourth. Jaime Avis was the club’s only competitor at age 12+ and performed beautifully to become county champion.
At Grade 4, Leona Ryan placed 12th, with Maddie Goode performing beautifully to gain the silver medal.
In the 11/12 age group, Erin Pattinson placed fifth, with Izzy Gowler holding her nerve to gain second.
In the 13+ age group, Katie Grant scooped silver, with Abigail Summers gaining bronze.
In Grade 2, Khiaeasa Dilley had a strong competition and picked up silver.
Head coach, Claire Stock, said: “I am very proud of our achievements in the last month. To come away from Grades with all our gymnasts passing as well as winning 14 medals and crowning three county champions is a fantastic result.
“We have a brilliant team of volunteer coaches who have worked extremely hard to get the girls ready for their grades and it has paid off.
“We now look forward to a busy May with the National Roses competition as well as the regional grades finals, Fenland Grades and our annual display.”
If you are interested in joining Fenland Gymnastics Academy, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07773 992763 to set up your free trial.