Three county champions and host of other medal winners as Fenland Gymnastics Academy makes great start to season
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy (FGA) has had a fantastic start to season, with three county champions crowned.
Three girls took part in the National Grades competition in Ipswich alongside gymnasts from 15 different clubs from the East Region.
Ann-Morgan Eidt and Georgia Dilley passed their National Grade 4 and Jessica Langley passed with highly commended her National Grade 3 competition.
Twenty girls represented FGA at the County Club Grade Championships in Huntingdon where they competed against gymnasts from five clubs within Cambridgeshire.
Seven year-olds Shanae Sigorney and Lucy Dear competed in the Compulsory 6 category. They performed beautifully, with Sigorney becoming county champion and Dear taking silver.
You may also want to watch:
In the Club Grade 6 category, Charlotte Walker finished ninth in a large field.
There was a clean sweep at age 9/10, with Isabella Brownlow becoming county champion, Kacia Craigen second, Lily Gowler third and Maisie Macdonald fourth.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
In the 11+ age group, Lila Causey became county champion, with Lucy Gowler taking silver.
In Grade 5, Sophie West, Jodie Everitt and Ella Wilson competed in the 10/11 age group, with Ella fourth. Jaime Avis was the club’s only competitor at age 12+ and performed beautifully to become county champion.
At Grade 4, Leona Ryan placed 12th, with Maddie Goode performing beautifully to gain the silver medal.
In the 11/12 age group, Erin Pattinson placed fifth, with Izzy Gowler holding her nerve to gain second.
In the 13+ age group, Katie Grant scooped silver, with Abigail Summers gaining bronze.
In Grade 2, Khiaeasa Dilley had a strong competition and picked up silver.
Head coach, Claire Stock, said: “I am very proud of our achievements in the last month. To come away from Grades with all our gymnasts passing as well as winning 14 medals and crowning three county champions is a fantastic result.
“We have a brilliant team of volunteer coaches who have worked extremely hard to get the girls ready for their grades and it has paid off.
“We now look forward to a busy May with the National Roses competition as well as the regional grades finals, Fenland Grades and our annual display.”
If you are interested in joining Fenland Gymnastics Academy, e-mail email@example.com or call 07773 992763 to set up your free trial.