Three Fenland kickboxing teenagers represent England with distinction
- Credit: Archant
THREE Fenland kickboxing prospects did their country proud in Ireland last weekend.
Peterborough BCKA fighters Charlotte Cameron, Chelsea Munday and Freya Molloy represented the England youth team at The Gathering, an international kickboxing competition.
For Munday and Molloy, it was their first taste of international competition, but they instantly looked at home.
Cameron, 13, of Wisbech, was crowned champion of the under 12 years points and second in the under 12 years continuous section,
Freya Molloy, 13, of March, fought her way to become champion of the 13 - 15 years continuous and also collected a silver in the points category.
Wisbech’s Chelsea Munday, 16, collected two silvers in the 15 – 16 years sections,
The tournament was excellent preparation for Freya and Charlotte, who will travel to Italy to compete in the WKC World Championships later this year.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
Andy Whitwell, Peterborough BCKA instructor, said: “As always I am very proud of our fighters, all three girls deserved this success as they have trained extremely hard.”
The girls have no time to dwell on their success since they are back in action at the Peterborough Series Championships in Werrington on June 23 and the British Championships in Manchester on June 30.