Three Fenland kickboxing teenagers represent England with distinction
- Credit: Archant
THREE Fenland kickboxing prospects did their country proud in Ireland last weekend.
Peterborough BCKA fighters Charlotte Cameron, Chelsea Munday and Freya Molloy represented the England youth team at The Gathering, an international kickboxing competition.
For Munday and Molloy, it was their first taste of international competition, but they instantly looked at home.
Cameron, 13, of Wisbech, was crowned champion of the under 12 years points and second in the under 12 years continuous section,
Freya Molloy, 13, of March, fought her way to become champion of the 13 - 15 years continuous and also collected a silver in the points category.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech’s Chelsea Munday, 16, collected two silvers in the 15 – 16 years sections,
The tournament was excellent preparation for Freya and Charlotte, who will travel to Italy to compete in the WKC World Championships later this year.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Andy Whitwell, Peterborough BCKA instructor, said: “As always I am very proud of our fighters, all three girls deserved this success as they have trained extremely hard.”
The girls have no time to dwell on their success since they are back in action at the Peterborough Series Championships in Werrington on June 23 and the British Championships in Manchester on June 30.