Three Fenland Running Club competitors smash personal best’s in Milton Keynes Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Three Fenland Running Club members smashed their personal best’s in the Milton Keynes Marathon on Monday.
First home for FRC was Andrew Plume, who took 13 minutes off his personal best to finish 78th out of 2,041 finishers in 3 hours 14 minutes and 50 seconds.
There were also personal best’s for Martin Jennings (196th, 3.31.05) and Stuart Follen (353rd, 3.43.24).
Dave Hood finished 1,663rd in just over five hours.
But Richard Betts pulled up with injury at about 16 miles and Leanne Rickett, who was on track to her target at twelve and a half miles, had to pull out with heat stress.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteen Fenland runners took part in the field of 1,557 who completed the Bespack Great East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn on Sunday.
In good conditions, all FRC runners completed the course within the hour.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
First home was Shane Draper, who finished 63rd in 38 minutes 43 seconds. Richard Hammond was 76th in 39 minutes 16 seconds.
The other Fenland finishers were Aaron Parker (128th, 41.35), Andre Pittock (147th, 42.17), Andrew Osborne-Smith (181st, 43.13), Colin Ferguson (182nd, 43.08), Gavin Pottle (206th, 43.54), Sarah Gauvin (217th, 44.00) David Brammer (414th, 49.22) Adam Oakes (451st, 49.57) Ann Trett, (515th, 50.53), Ellen Drew (519th, 50.55) Jane Whiskens (872nd, 57.07) Julie Garner, who achieved a personal best (899th, 57.44) and Brian Kett (955th,58.45).