Three Fenland Running Club competitors smash personal best’s in Milton Keynes Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Three Fenland Running Club members smashed their personal best’s in the Milton Keynes Marathon on Monday.
First home for FRC was Andrew Plume, who took 13 minutes off his personal best to finish 78th out of 2,041 finishers in 3 hours 14 minutes and 50 seconds.
There were also personal best’s for Martin Jennings (196th, 3.31.05) and Stuart Follen (353rd, 3.43.24).
Dave Hood finished 1,663rd in just over five hours.
But Richard Betts pulled up with injury at about 16 miles and Leanne Rickett, who was on track to her target at twelve and a half miles, had to pull out with heat stress.
Fifteen Fenland runners took part in the field of 1,557 who completed the Bespack Great East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn on Sunday.
In good conditions, all FRC runners completed the course within the hour.
- 1 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 2 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 3 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 4 Man who died in A141 crash named
- 5 The highlights of the 2022 Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 8 Missing Peterborough 26-year-old found 'alive and well'
- 9 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
First home was Shane Draper, who finished 63rd in 38 minutes 43 seconds. Richard Hammond was 76th in 39 minutes 16 seconds.
The other Fenland finishers were Aaron Parker (128th, 41.35), Andre Pittock (147th, 42.17), Andrew Osborne-Smith (181st, 43.13), Colin Ferguson (182nd, 43.08), Gavin Pottle (206th, 43.54), Sarah Gauvin (217th, 44.00) David Brammer (414th, 49.22) Adam Oakes (451st, 49.57) Ann Trett, (515th, 50.53), Ellen Drew (519th, 50.55) Jane Whiskens (872nd, 57.07) Julie Garner, who achieved a personal best (899th, 57.44) and Brian Kett (955th,58.45).