Three Fenland Running Club competitors smash personal best’s in Milton Keynes Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Three Fenland Running Club members smashed their personal best’s in the Milton Keynes Marathon on Monday.
First home for FRC was Andrew Plume, who took 13 minutes off his personal best to finish 78th out of 2,041 finishers in 3 hours 14 minutes and 50 seconds.
There were also personal best’s for Martin Jennings (196th, 3.31.05) and Stuart Follen (353rd, 3.43.24).
Dave Hood finished 1,663rd in just over five hours.
But Richard Betts pulled up with injury at about 16 miles and Leanne Rickett, who was on track to her target at twelve and a half miles, had to pull out with heat stress.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteen Fenland runners took part in the field of 1,557 who completed the Bespack Great East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn on Sunday.
In good conditions, all FRC runners completed the course within the hour.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
First home was Shane Draper, who finished 63rd in 38 minutes 43 seconds. Richard Hammond was 76th in 39 minutes 16 seconds.
The other Fenland finishers were Aaron Parker (128th, 41.35), Andre Pittock (147th, 42.17), Andrew Osborne-Smith (181st, 43.13), Colin Ferguson (182nd, 43.08), Gavin Pottle (206th, 43.54), Sarah Gauvin (217th, 44.00) David Brammer (414th, 49.22) Adam Oakes (451st, 49.57) Ann Trett, (515th, 50.53), Ellen Drew (519th, 50.55) Jane Whiskens (872nd, 57.07) Julie Garner, who achieved a personal best (899th, 57.44) and Brian Kett (955th,58.45).