ATHLETICS: Toni qualifies for national side as March Athletics Club take their chance to shine
Runners from March Athletics Club took their chance to shine in the winter sun last week.
Members took on the challenging Folksworth 15 course on Sunday in preparation for the spring marathon training season.
Luke Brown finished in a superb 27th place out of 462 finishers while Nina Markillie was first lady home in a personal best of 2:19:48, beating last year's time by five minutes.
Toni Alcatraz earned her place in the England masters half-marathon team after coming first in her age category at the qualifying event in Cheshire in a time of 1:25:29.
In the police sport UK cross country south east championships, Teilo Pearce finished ninth in Bury St Edmunds in 42:44.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Luke Brown 1:36:15; Mick Stacey 1:48:34; Steven Robinette 1:49:01; Daniel Barber 1:49:45; Brian Harding 2:02:06; Phillip Beldom 2:07:40; James Arran 2:10:44; Jon Long 2:15:58; Tom Orr: 2:19:36; Nina Markillie 2:19:48; Stephen Starr 2:19:48; Scott Bywater 2:26:31; Graeme Dedman 2:26:41; Jordan Lancaster 2:41:07; Malcolm Hunt 2:51:33; Suzanne Orr 3:08:30.
SE Region Police Sport UK Cross Country Championships
Teilo Pearce 42:44.
England Masters half-marathon Qualifier
Toni Alcatraz 1:25:28.