ATHLETICS: Toni qualifies for national side as March Athletics Club take their chance to shine
Runners from March Athletics Club took their chance to shine in the winter sun last week.
Members took on the challenging Folksworth 15 course on Sunday in preparation for the spring marathon training season.
Luke Brown finished in a superb 27th place out of 462 finishers while Nina Markillie was first lady home in a personal best of 2:19:48, beating last year's time by five minutes.
Toni Alcatraz earned her place in the England masters half-marathon team after coming first in her age category at the qualifying event in Cheshire in a time of 1:25:29.
In the police sport UK cross country south east championships, Teilo Pearce finished ninth in Bury St Edmunds in 42:44.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
Luke Brown 1:36:15; Mick Stacey 1:48:34; Steven Robinette 1:49:01; Daniel Barber 1:49:45; Brian Harding 2:02:06; Phillip Beldom 2:07:40; James Arran 2:10:44; Jon Long 2:15:58; Tom Orr: 2:19:36; Nina Markillie 2:19:48; Stephen Starr 2:19:48; Scott Bywater 2:26:31; Graeme Dedman 2:26:41; Jordan Lancaster 2:41:07; Malcolm Hunt 2:51:33; Suzanne Orr 3:08:30.
SE Region Police Sport UK Cross Country Championships
Teilo Pearce 42:44.
England Masters half-marathon Qualifier
Toni Alcatraz 1:25:28.