Top of the class
FOUR young martial artists at the Samurai Black Belt Karate School, in Wisbech, have qualified as junior coaches. As part of the school s programme of development, Callum Wagstaff, Joshua Manning, Ashley Singer and Hamish Burrows all successfully passed t
FOUR young martial artists at the Samurai Black Belt Karate School, in Wisbech, have qualified as junior coaches.
As part of the school's programme of development, Callum Wagstaff, Joshua Manning, Ashley Singer and Hamish Burrows all successfully passed their MASTARR junior coaching assessments last week.
There were also new nationally recognised qualifications for the senior students as Sam Judd, 2nd kyu, and Sarah Dickens, 1st dan, received senior coaching certificates, health and safety and child protection certificates.
Richard Smith, 1st dan, received an instructor's certificate and sensei Seb King, 3rd dan, achieved advanced instructor standard.
You may also want to watch:
Sensei Steve King said: "It is very important to have teaching qualifications. Too many people believe that a black belt is a qualification to teach but it is not."
The school now has a total of seven qualified junior coaches and seven adult coaches.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
n THERE was more good news for Samurai when 24 of its students achieved new grades at the latest grading session.
Nick Ormiston was outstanding in passing his senior 5th kyu, and earned above-average scores in all sections to record the highest pass mark ever seen at one of the school's gradings.
Another highlight was a double celebration for father and daughter, Derek and Kate Windsor, who both achieved senior 2nd kyu passes.