Tournament success for March Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Five members of the March GER Short Mat Bowls Club travelled to Great Yarmouth to participate in the short mat bowls tournament.
The event took place at the Potters resort in Hopton-on-Sea from February 19 and was held over five days.
Sixty-four teams entered the pairs discipline, with Jayne Thorpe and Rob Bonello reaching the semi finals.
There were 42 teams that entered the triples discipline - Jayne Thorpe, Rob
Bonello and Gwen Siggee got through to the semi finals where they drew to play
You may also want to watch:
the other two GER players husband and wife team of Janet and John Goff.
A local player called John Beamish made up the third member.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
It was a very close match, after playing seven of the nine ends the score was seven all.
Rob ,Gwen and John scored a further two shots on end eight and another on the last end making the final score being 10-7.
Jayne, Rob and Gwen went through to the final and played a team from
They had a convincing win or 14-3 and were presented with trophies,
medals and a framed picture.
They were pictured with Greg Harlow the 2017 World champion at long mat.