Town keep plenty in reserve
PETERBOROUGH League Division Two champions, Chatteris Town Reserves ended the season with a 4-0 win at Gedney Hill. The Chatteris team, pictured, have now gone unbeaten since September, when they lost their opening league fixture. The first half proved to
PETERBOROUGH League Division Two champions, Chatteris Town Reserves ended the season with a 4-0 win at Gedney Hill.
The Chatteris team, pictured, have now gone unbeaten since September, when they lost their opening league fixture.
The first half proved to be end-to-end with Gedney Hill having the much better chances, but Dean Joyce got his first goal just before the break.
Shortly into the second half Joyce scored his second, then victory was wrapped-up when Joyce completed his hat-trick and David Adams struck a superb free kick.
Manager Steve Bright said: "We have a young, talented side who are a great advert for football".
- GEDNEY Drove End secured a second place league finish with a good 3-1 victory over champions Sleaford Town.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
The strong Gedney side opened up a 2-1 lead before a second-half penalty made sure of the win.
Promising youngster Harry Houghton was drafted into the Swineshead Reserves line-up for his side's final game at home to Tydd St Mary.
Houghton did most of the damage with two goals in the 4-0 victory.
The other goals came from Jack Houghton and Alex Kirkham.