Town keep plenty in reserve
PETERBOROUGH League Division Two champions, Chatteris Town Reserves ended the season with a 4-0 win at Gedney Hill. The Chatteris team, pictured, have now gone unbeaten since September, when they lost their opening league fixture. The first half proved to
PETERBOROUGH League Division Two champions, Chatteris Town Reserves ended the season with a 4-0 win at Gedney Hill.
The Chatteris team, pictured, have now gone unbeaten since September, when they lost their opening league fixture.
The first half proved to be end-to-end with Gedney Hill having the much better chances, but Dean Joyce got his first goal just before the break.
Shortly into the second half Joyce scored his second, then victory was wrapped-up when Joyce completed his hat-trick and David Adams struck a superb free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Steve Bright said: "We have a young, talented side who are a great advert for football".
- GEDNEY Drove End secured a second place league finish with a good 3-1 victory over champions Sleaford Town.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 6 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
The strong Gedney side opened up a 2-1 lead before a second-half penalty made sure of the win.
Promising youngster Harry Houghton was drafted into the Swineshead Reserves line-up for his side's final game at home to Tydd St Mary.
Houghton did most of the damage with two goals in the 4-0 victory.
The other goals came from Jack Houghton and Alex Kirkham.