Trio win British titles as Fenland kickboxers qualify for World Championships in style
- Credit: Archant
THREE Fenland fighters qualified for the World Kickboxing Championships in style when they powered to British titles.
Courtney Brown, from Whittlesey, and Wisbech stars Freya Molloy and Aaron Godden struck gold at the British Championships in Manchester at the weekend.
The trio led the way for the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), who train in March, Wisbech, Chatteris and Whittlesey.
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, who took silver, and Whittlesey duo Grant Brown and Harry Nunn, who picked up bronze medals, also booked their places for October’s World Championships in Italy.
Rising star Eddy Paddock was unlucky to miss out after falling to defeat against an eight-time world champion in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I am very proud of all seven fighters who gave 100 per cent effort in this event against some extremely tough opposition. They are a credit to the BCKA and a joy to coach.”
For more information on the BCKA visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal