Trio win British titles as Fenland kickboxers qualify for World Championships in style
- Credit: Archant
THREE Fenland fighters qualified for the World Kickboxing Championships in style when they powered to British titles.
Courtney Brown, from Whittlesey, and Wisbech stars Freya Molloy and Aaron Godden struck gold at the British Championships in Manchester at the weekend.
The trio led the way for the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), who train in March, Wisbech, Chatteris and Whittlesey.
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, who took silver, and Whittlesey duo Grant Brown and Harry Nunn, who picked up bronze medals, also booked their places for October’s World Championships in Italy.
Rising star Eddy Paddock was unlucky to miss out after falling to defeat against an eight-time world champion in the first round.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I am very proud of all seven fighters who gave 100 per cent effort in this event against some extremely tough opposition. They are a credit to the BCKA and a joy to coach.”
For more information on the BCKA visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival