Trio win British titles as Fenland kickboxers qualify for World Championships in style
- Credit: Archant
THREE Fenland fighters qualified for the World Kickboxing Championships in style when they powered to British titles.
Courtney Brown, from Whittlesey, and Wisbech stars Freya Molloy and Aaron Godden struck gold at the British Championships in Manchester at the weekend.
The trio led the way for the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), who train in March, Wisbech, Chatteris and Whittlesey.
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, who took silver, and Whittlesey duo Grant Brown and Harry Nunn, who picked up bronze medals, also booked their places for October’s World Championships in Italy.
Rising star Eddy Paddock was unlucky to miss out after falling to defeat against an eight-time world champion in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I am very proud of all seven fighters who gave 100 per cent effort in this event against some extremely tough opposition. They are a credit to the BCKA and a joy to coach.”
For more information on the BCKA visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens