Trophy-winner Bird is flying high
WIMBLINGTON Angling Club won the inter-club match against Ely s Potters Group following victory in the second leg. Wimblington held the lead after one leg but went on to secure the match thanks to Sunday s 174-154 result. The top three places went to Pott
WIMBLINGTON Angling Club won the inter-club match against Ely's Potters Group following victory in the second leg.
Wimblington held the lead after one leg but went on to secure the match thanks to Sunday's 174-154 result. The top three places went to Potters' anglers but Wimblington's Johnny Bird took the trophy for the most individual points over two legs.
Manea Angling Club fished the River Delph at Welches Dam at the weekend. Bill Savage took top spot after landing two bream and some small roach for an 8-01 total. The club will be at the same spot on Sunday and the draw will be at 7.15am.
At Manea, the club lake is well worth a visit on a day ticket and it was here on Saturday that Barry Linney landed 11 tench to 6lb.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport Angling Club staged an open match on the Ouse and Dave Yardy landed 20 bream to hook 79lb and win the match.
Elsewhere, Mill View Angling Club fished the Magpie Lake, at Pidley and, for the second week running, Steve Smalley ran out winner, this time netting 90-08. On Sunday, Mill View travel to Decoy Lakes, draw at 8.30am.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
On the lakes, Kingsland's Silver Fish Lake is still fishing well and there are plenty of tench and bream to be caught. The best baits seem to be soft pellet or worm.
Plenty of fish, some up to 17lb, are also being taken on the surface of the Big Lake.
Finally, Sunday's March and District Club match is yet to be arranged. For more information call Bob on 07970 673439.