Trow and Cousins lead Fenland Running Club to best performance of season
FENLAND Running Club members Jack Trow and Rebecca Cousins put in outstanding performances in two races at the weekend.
Saturday’s Inter Counties Cross Country 8k race in Birmingham saw Cousins finish 139th in a field of 259 - knocking a minute off her previous year’s time - while Trow finished 140th out of 175.
The pair were back in action on Sunday, flying through a muddy 5.5 mile course at Hinchingbrooke in the sixth race of the Frostbite League.
Trow finished in sixth place and Rebecca - the second woman home - finished 50th overall.
Fenland Running Club put in their best performance of the season to finish as the second team home and claim fifth place in the series.
You may also want to watch:
More of the club’s members were competing in other races across the country, with Paul Weigand running a personal best to finishing 57th in the Wymondham 20-miler. Aaron Easter finished 203rd.
Trudy Sayell, competing in the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon, finished as the 15th lady overall and eighth in her age group, in a personal best time of 1.33.25.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer