Trow and Cousins lead Fenland Running Club to best performance of season
FENLAND Running Club members Jack Trow and Rebecca Cousins put in outstanding performances in two races at the weekend.
Saturday’s Inter Counties Cross Country 8k race in Birmingham saw Cousins finish 139th in a field of 259 - knocking a minute off her previous year’s time - while Trow finished 140th out of 175.
The pair were back in action on Sunday, flying through a muddy 5.5 mile course at Hinchingbrooke in the sixth race of the Frostbite League.
Trow finished in sixth place and Rebecca - the second woman home - finished 50th overall.
Fenland Running Club put in their best performance of the season to finish as the second team home and claim fifth place in the series.
You may also want to watch:
More of the club’s members were competing in other races across the country, with Paul Weigand running a personal best to finishing 57th in the Wymondham 20-miler. Aaron Easter finished 203rd.
Trudy Sayell, competing in the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon, finished as the 15th lady overall and eighth in her age group, in a personal best time of 1.33.25.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo