Trow and Cousins lead Fenland Running Club to best performance of season
FENLAND Running Club members Jack Trow and Rebecca Cousins put in outstanding performances in two races at the weekend.
Saturday’s Inter Counties Cross Country 8k race in Birmingham saw Cousins finish 139th in a field of 259 - knocking a minute off her previous year’s time - while Trow finished 140th out of 175.
The pair were back in action on Sunday, flying through a muddy 5.5 mile course at Hinchingbrooke in the sixth race of the Frostbite League.
Trow finished in sixth place and Rebecca - the second woman home - finished 50th overall.
Fenland Running Club put in their best performance of the season to finish as the second team home and claim fifth place in the series.
More of the club’s members were competing in other races across the country, with Paul Weigand running a personal best to finishing 57th in the Wymondham 20-miler. Aaron Easter finished 203rd.
Trudy Sayell, competing in the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon, finished as the 15th lady overall and eighth in her age group, in a personal best time of 1.33.25.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival