Trow and Cousins lead Fenland Running Club to best performance of season
FENLAND Running Club members Jack Trow and Rebecca Cousins put in outstanding performances in two races at the weekend.
Saturday’s Inter Counties Cross Country 8k race in Birmingham saw Cousins finish 139th in a field of 259 - knocking a minute off her previous year’s time - while Trow finished 140th out of 175.
The pair were back in action on Sunday, flying through a muddy 5.5 mile course at Hinchingbrooke in the sixth race of the Frostbite League.
Trow finished in sixth place and Rebecca - the second woman home - finished 50th overall.
Fenland Running Club put in their best performance of the season to finish as the second team home and claim fifth place in the series.
You may also want to watch:
More of the club’s members were competing in other races across the country, with Paul Weigand running a personal best to finishing 57th in the Wymondham 20-miler. Aaron Easter finished 203rd.
Trudy Sayell, competing in the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon, finished as the 15th lady overall and eighth in her age group, in a personal best time of 1.33.25.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home