Two Chatteris boxers shine in the ring
- Credit: Archant
Two Chatteris Boxing Club competitors picked up impressive wins last week.
Eastern Counties champion Stephen Skeels, beat Ian Cotton, of Bourne ABC, by unanimous decision in Ipswich on Friday.
Skeels stood in the center of the ring and used his jab well to outmaneuvere his opponent.
The club’s smallest fighter, Ryan Williams, who weighs in at 31kg, boxed Ross McCallian of Norwich on Saturday.
After an even first round, Williams upped the pace in the second and caught his opponent with a straight left hand and right hook, which led to the referee stepping in to give McCallian a standing eight count,
You may also want to watch:
The bout continued and Williams unleashed a barrage of punches, which left the referee with no option but to step in and stop the contest in favour of the Chatteris prospect.
Paul Gill, club coach, said: “It was great to see this dynamic duo get the wins,
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“Ryan is the smallest at the club and Stephen the largest. No matter what age or size the lads support each other and we have a strong team developing, which is excellent.”
Chatteris Boxing Club is holding a show on December 14 at The Cromwell Leisure Centre, Chatteris. For ticket information call Matty on 01354 693630.