Two Chatteris boxers shine in the ring
- Credit: Archant
Two Chatteris Boxing Club competitors picked up impressive wins last week.
Eastern Counties champion Stephen Skeels, beat Ian Cotton, of Bourne ABC, by unanimous decision in Ipswich on Friday.
Skeels stood in the center of the ring and used his jab well to outmaneuvere his opponent.
The club’s smallest fighter, Ryan Williams, who weighs in at 31kg, boxed Ross McCallian of Norwich on Saturday.
After an even first round, Williams upped the pace in the second and caught his opponent with a straight left hand and right hook, which led to the referee stepping in to give McCallian a standing eight count,
The bout continued and Williams unleashed a barrage of punches, which left the referee with no option but to step in and stop the contest in favour of the Chatteris prospect.
Paul Gill, club coach, said: “It was great to see this dynamic duo get the wins,
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
“Ryan is the smallest at the club and Stephen the largest. No matter what age or size the lads support each other and we have a strong team developing, which is excellent.”
Chatteris Boxing Club is holding a show on December 14 at The Cromwell Leisure Centre, Chatteris. For ticket information call Matty on 01354 693630.