Two Chatteris boxers shine in the ring
- Credit: Archant
Two Chatteris Boxing Club competitors picked up impressive wins last week.
Eastern Counties champion Stephen Skeels, beat Ian Cotton, of Bourne ABC, by unanimous decision in Ipswich on Friday.
Skeels stood in the center of the ring and used his jab well to outmaneuvere his opponent.
The club’s smallest fighter, Ryan Williams, who weighs in at 31kg, boxed Ross McCallian of Norwich on Saturday.
After an even first round, Williams upped the pace in the second and caught his opponent with a straight left hand and right hook, which led to the referee stepping in to give McCallian a standing eight count,
You may also want to watch:
The bout continued and Williams unleashed a barrage of punches, which left the referee with no option but to step in and stop the contest in favour of the Chatteris prospect.
Paul Gill, club coach, said: “It was great to see this dynamic duo get the wins,
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“Ryan is the smallest at the club and Stephen the largest. No matter what age or size the lads support each other and we have a strong team developing, which is excellent.”
Chatteris Boxing Club is holding a show on December 14 at The Cromwell Leisure Centre, Chatteris. For ticket information call Matty on 01354 693630.