Two golfing girls raise more than £1,500 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
TWO Tydd St Giles golf club girls took part in a sponsored parachute jump.
Natasha Nichols and Lauren Buckingham raised £1,503 for the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
On the course, the men’s first team lost 4-2 to Greetham Valley in the South Lincolnshire Scratch League.
The second team was thumped 4.5-1.5 by Thorney Lakes.
But the seniors restored some pride, beating March Golf Club 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jolly won the seniors Stableford Trophy.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club seniors lost 4-2 to Tydd St Giles in the first leg of the Norman Davis Niblick. They battled hard to halve the match with Boston.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Jen Baines won the ladies June medal.