Two golfing girls raise more than £1,500 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
TWO Tydd St Giles golf club girls took part in a sponsored parachute jump.
Natasha Nichols and Lauren Buckingham raised £1,503 for the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
On the course, the men’s first team lost 4-2 to Greetham Valley in the South Lincolnshire Scratch League.
The second team was thumped 4.5-1.5 by Thorney Lakes.
But the seniors restored some pride, beating March Golf Club 4-2.
Tom Jolly won the seniors Stableford Trophy.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club seniors lost 4-2 to Tydd St Giles in the first leg of the Norman Davis Niblick. They battled hard to halve the match with Boston.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
Jen Baines won the ladies June medal.