Two golfing girls raise more than £1,500 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
TWO Tydd St Giles golf club girls took part in a sponsored parachute jump.
Natasha Nichols and Lauren Buckingham raised £1,503 for the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
On the course, the men’s first team lost 4-2 to Greetham Valley in the South Lincolnshire Scratch League.
The second team was thumped 4.5-1.5 by Thorney Lakes.
But the seniors restored some pride, beating March Golf Club 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jolly won the seniors Stableford Trophy.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club seniors lost 4-2 to Tydd St Giles in the first leg of the Norman Davis Niblick. They battled hard to halve the match with Boston.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
Jen Baines won the ladies June medal.