Two golfing girls raise more than £1,500 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
TWO Tydd St Giles golf club girls took part in a sponsored parachute jump.
Natasha Nichols and Lauren Buckingham raised £1,503 for the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
On the course, the men’s first team lost 4-2 to Greetham Valley in the South Lincolnshire Scratch League.
The second team was thumped 4.5-1.5 by Thorney Lakes.
But the seniors restored some pride, beating March Golf Club 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jolly won the seniors Stableford Trophy.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club seniors lost 4-2 to Tydd St Giles in the first leg of the Norman Davis Niblick. They battled hard to halve the match with Boston.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Jen Baines won the ladies June medal.