Two-way Street: Keeper returns to King’s Lynn Town as Wisbech Town boss shelves loan deal
GOALKEEPER Alex Street has returned to King’s Lynn Town after Wisbech Town boss Steve Appleby scrapped his loan deal.
The 21-year-old signed dual registration forms with his former club last month as Fenmen keepers Tom Roberts and Lea Jordan were sidelined with injuries.
But with Jordan ready to return against Newmarket Town tomorrow, Street’s brief Wisbech comeback looks to have finished.
Appleby said: “Alex had to go back to Lynn on Saturday anyway for their FA Trophy game and Jordi (Jordan) is now fit.”
The Wisbech boss thanked Street - nicknamed Pedro - and Linnets boss Gary Setchell for their help during Wisbech’s injury crisis.
Setchell said: “Pedro is coming back because he can’t commit full-time to Wisbech. He didn’t want to break his ties at Lynn because he believes he has a big future here.
“He’ll be back with us tomorrow, and will play for us in the FA Trophy, and I’ll be talking to him about sorting another loan deal to get him more game time.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 7 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
“He won’t be short of offers, that’s for certain.”