Two-way Street: Keeper returns to King’s Lynn Town as Wisbech Town boss shelves loan deal
GOALKEEPER Alex Street has returned to King’s Lynn Town after Wisbech Town boss Steve Appleby scrapped his loan deal.
The 21-year-old signed dual registration forms with his former club last month as Fenmen keepers Tom Roberts and Lea Jordan were sidelined with injuries.
But with Jordan ready to return against Newmarket Town tomorrow, Street’s brief Wisbech comeback looks to have finished.
Appleby said: “Alex had to go back to Lynn on Saturday anyway for their FA Trophy game and Jordi (Jordan) is now fit.”
The Wisbech boss thanked Street - nicknamed Pedro - and Linnets boss Gary Setchell for their help during Wisbech’s injury crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell said: “Pedro is coming back because he can’t commit full-time to Wisbech. He didn’t want to break his ties at Lynn because he believes he has a big future here.
“He’ll be back with us tomorrow, and will play for us in the FA Trophy, and I’ll be talking to him about sorting another loan deal to get him more game time.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
“He won’t be short of offers, that’s for certain.”