Two-way Street: Keeper returns to King’s Lynn Town as Wisbech Town boss shelves loan deal
GOALKEEPER Alex Street has returned to King’s Lynn Town after Wisbech Town boss Steve Appleby scrapped his loan deal.
The 21-year-old signed dual registration forms with his former club last month as Fenmen keepers Tom Roberts and Lea Jordan were sidelined with injuries.
But with Jordan ready to return against Newmarket Town tomorrow, Street’s brief Wisbech comeback looks to have finished.
Appleby said: “Alex had to go back to Lynn on Saturday anyway for their FA Trophy game and Jordi (Jordan) is now fit.”
The Wisbech boss thanked Street - nicknamed Pedro - and Linnets boss Gary Setchell for their help during Wisbech’s injury crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell said: “Pedro is coming back because he can’t commit full-time to Wisbech. He didn’t want to break his ties at Lynn because he believes he has a big future here.
“He’ll be back with us tomorrow, and will play for us in the FA Trophy, and I’ll be talking to him about sorting another loan deal to get him more game time.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
“He won’t be short of offers, that’s for certain.”