Two-way Street: Keeper returns to King’s Lynn Town as Wisbech Town boss shelves loan deal
GOALKEEPER Alex Street has returned to King’s Lynn Town after Wisbech Town boss Steve Appleby scrapped his loan deal.
The 21-year-old signed dual registration forms with his former club last month as Fenmen keepers Tom Roberts and Lea Jordan were sidelined with injuries.
But with Jordan ready to return against Newmarket Town tomorrow, Street’s brief Wisbech comeback looks to have finished.
Appleby said: “Alex had to go back to Lynn on Saturday anyway for their FA Trophy game and Jordi (Jordan) is now fit.”
The Wisbech boss thanked Street - nicknamed Pedro - and Linnets boss Gary Setchell for their help during Wisbech’s injury crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell said: “Pedro is coming back because he can’t commit full-time to Wisbech. He didn’t want to break his ties at Lynn because he believes he has a big future here.
“He’ll be back with us tomorrow, and will play for us in the FA Trophy, and I’ll be talking to him about sorting another loan deal to get him more game time.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
“He won’t be short of offers, that’s for certain.”