Tydd St Giles karting ace Russell makes flying start to the WSK Euro Series
- Credit: Kartpix.net
TYDD St Giles karting prodigy George Russell got his season off to an impressive start in Italy at the La Conca race weekend.
The Birel KF star won the first race and finished sixth in the second race to secure valuable points in the WSK Euro Series.
The 14-year-old made a statement of intent to his competitors in the first race.
He quickly took the lead and nailed home his advantage during the early stages.
In the latter stages his advantage was narrowed down by the chasing pack, but Russell’s faultless driving saw him take first blood in the title race.
You may also want to watch:
He was handicapped by a lack of fresh tyres in the second race but battled to a solid sixth place finish which leaves him second overall in the series standings.
Russell said: “My brief was to try and win at least one of the two finals, to chalk up good points early on in the championship.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
“I’m very happy and La Conca marked a big improvement on my first two races with the team.
“The team is always looking for performance gains, which is good experience for me and it’s nice to work hard for each improvement.
“Hopefully, our hard work will pay off and there will be more good results to come.”