Tydd St Giles karting ace Russell makes flying start to the WSK Euro Series
- Credit: Kartpix.net
TYDD St Giles karting prodigy George Russell got his season off to an impressive start in Italy at the La Conca race weekend.
The Birel KF star won the first race and finished sixth in the second race to secure valuable points in the WSK Euro Series.
The 14-year-old made a statement of intent to his competitors in the first race.
He quickly took the lead and nailed home his advantage during the early stages.
In the latter stages his advantage was narrowed down by the chasing pack, but Russell’s faultless driving saw him take first blood in the title race.
He was handicapped by a lack of fresh tyres in the second race but battled to a solid sixth place finish which leaves him second overall in the series standings.
Russell said: “My brief was to try and win at least one of the two finals, to chalk up good points early on in the championship.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 3 Man who died in A141 crash named
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 The highlights of the 2022 Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 7 Missing Peterborough 26-year-old found 'alive and well'
- 8 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 9 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
“I’m very happy and La Conca marked a big improvement on my first two races with the team.
“The team is always looking for performance gains, which is good experience for me and it’s nice to work hard for each improvement.
“Hopefully, our hard work will pay off and there will be more good results to come.”