Golf: Tydd St Giles quartet claim stableford prize
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles Golf Club saw Peter Wheeler, Mark Johnson, Mathew Clark and Scott Williams come out on top in their four-ball team stableford event.
The quartet combined for an impressive 111 points, while Lenk Gostic won December’s Division One stableford with 40 points.
Frank Young (39) was second on countback from Stuart Sterling, as Robert Simpson won Division Two honours with 39 points.
James Goult (38) was second, ahead of Giles Stearne (37).
Division Three honours went to Tim Murphy (37), with Stuart Ablett (36) in second place and Mick Tiller taking third on countback with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Parker won the seniors Division One medal with a nett 70, as Stephen Horton (72) beat Roger Davey on countback.
And Derrick Marsh (69) won the Division Two prize ahead of Tom Jolly (73), who pipped Steve Skoulding on countback.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The Division Three award went to Trevor Sewell (70), with Colin Page (73) second on countback from David Leedle and Paul Kingswood.
The October bogey competition was won by Ady Rowell (+4), ahead of Gino Ciuffini (+3), Neil John (+3) and Andy Sleath (+1), while Simon Black (+5) took top spot in Division Two ahead of Shane Sleath (+3), Craig Garner (+3) and Gary Allen (+1).