Golf: Tydd St Giles quartet claim stableford prize
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles Golf Club saw Peter Wheeler, Mark Johnson, Mathew Clark and Scott Williams come out on top in their four-ball team stableford event.
The quartet combined for an impressive 111 points, while Lenk Gostic won December’s Division One stableford with 40 points.
Frank Young (39) was second on countback from Stuart Sterling, as Robert Simpson won Division Two honours with 39 points.
James Goult (38) was second, ahead of Giles Stearne (37).
Division Three honours went to Tim Murphy (37), with Stuart Ablett (36) in second place and Mick Tiller taking third on countback with 34 points.
Ken Parker won the seniors Division One medal with a nett 70, as Stephen Horton (72) beat Roger Davey on countback.
And Derrick Marsh (69) won the Division Two prize ahead of Tom Jolly (73), who pipped Steve Skoulding on countback.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
The Division Three award went to Trevor Sewell (70), with Colin Page (73) second on countback from David Leedle and Paul Kingswood.
The October bogey competition was won by Ady Rowell (+4), ahead of Gino Ciuffini (+3), Neil John (+3) and Andy Sleath (+1), while Simon Black (+5) took top spot in Division Two ahead of Shane Sleath (+3), Craig Garner (+3) and Gary Allen (+1).