Golf: Tydd St Giles quartet claim stableford prize
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles Golf Club saw Peter Wheeler, Mark Johnson, Mathew Clark and Scott Williams come out on top in their four-ball team stableford event.
The quartet combined for an impressive 111 points, while Lenk Gostic won December’s Division One stableford with 40 points.
Frank Young (39) was second on countback from Stuart Sterling, as Robert Simpson won Division Two honours with 39 points.
James Goult (38) was second, ahead of Giles Stearne (37).
Division Three honours went to Tim Murphy (37), with Stuart Ablett (36) in second place and Mick Tiller taking third on countback with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Parker won the seniors Division One medal with a nett 70, as Stephen Horton (72) beat Roger Davey on countback.
And Derrick Marsh (69) won the Division Two prize ahead of Tom Jolly (73), who pipped Steve Skoulding on countback.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
The Division Three award went to Trevor Sewell (70), with Colin Page (73) second on countback from David Leedle and Paul Kingswood.
The October bogey competition was won by Ady Rowell (+4), ahead of Gino Ciuffini (+3), Neil John (+3) and Andy Sleath (+1), while Simon Black (+5) took top spot in Division Two ahead of Shane Sleath (+3), Craig Garner (+3) and Gary Allen (+1).