Golf: Tydd St Giles quartet claim stableford prize
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles Golf Club saw Peter Wheeler, Mark Johnson, Mathew Clark and Scott Williams come out on top in their four-ball team stableford event.
The quartet combined for an impressive 111 points, while Lenk Gostic won December’s Division One stableford with 40 points.
Frank Young (39) was second on countback from Stuart Sterling, as Robert Simpson won Division Two honours with 39 points.
James Goult (38) was second, ahead of Giles Stearne (37).
Division Three honours went to Tim Murphy (37), with Stuart Ablett (36) in second place and Mick Tiller taking third on countback with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Parker won the seniors Division One medal with a nett 70, as Stephen Horton (72) beat Roger Davey on countback.
And Derrick Marsh (69) won the Division Two prize ahead of Tom Jolly (73), who pipped Steve Skoulding on countback.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
The Division Three award went to Trevor Sewell (70), with Colin Page (73) second on countback from David Leedle and Paul Kingswood.
The October bogey competition was won by Ady Rowell (+4), ahead of Gino Ciuffini (+3), Neil John (+3) and Andy Sleath (+1), while Simon Black (+5) took top spot in Division Two ahead of Shane Sleath (+3), Craig Garner (+3) and Gary Allen (+1).