Unbeaten Reece is the star as Sparta ABC box to success at Chigwell show
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC’s boxers showed their fighting spirit last weekend, with two of their fighters producing knock-out quality to take victory at Fairbairn BC’s dinner show in Chigwell.
First in the ring for Sparta was Liam Finlay, who performed valiantly in three rounds but lost on points to his opponent.
Arguably the best result on the night for the March club was from Reece Oldfield, who defeated London and Home Counties champion Aaron Lawrence after a unanimous points decision.
The bout was the third time the fighters have met in recent months, and Sparta head coach Matt Lenton described Reece’s fight as his “best performance in his excellent career so far,” saying he “showed great prowess.”
Reece is now unbeaten in all competitions in the last 14 months.
You may also want to watch:
Last up for Sparta was Tony Herbert, who boxed to a deserved win in three hard-fought rounds.
Sparta head coach Matt Lenton was delighted with the way his boxers performed. He said: “I’m very pleased with the way the three boys boxed and I’m even more pleased to get two wins out of three.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Grajcan Ciureja was also fighting for Sparta in Wisbech, but narrowly lost out to Wisbech’s Billy Gaskin after three close rounds.
Matt Lenton said: “I’m pleased with the way Grajcan boxed and he was unlucky to lose the bout.”