Undefeated Gill ‘ready to beat anyone’ in fifth career bout on March 23
- Credit: Archant
UNDEFEATED boxing star Jordan Gill will compete over six three-minute rounds in his fifth professional bout on March 23.
The Chatteris ace will step back into the ring in Bluewater, Kent, to take on an opponent who will be confirmed later this month.
It will be the first time that the 18-year-old, who has won all four of his pro bouts, has competed over six rounds of three minutes.
“I can’t wait,” said Gill. “I just want to keep fighting regularly and building up my record, getting all the experience I can.”
Gill’s last triumph, a 59-56 points victory over journeyman Sid Razak in Peterborough, was his toughest challenge to date.
You may also want to watch:
He lost his first round as a professional in that bout - but the talented teenager said he had been working hard to improve his repertoire.
“I’m getting fitter and training harder,” he said. “I’m picking up little things. My defence is improving and I’m training better, with longer and harder rounds.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Gill, who will fight on the same bill as Kid Galahad, Chris Eubank Jr and Olympic gold medallist James Degale in Kent, said he was not bothered who his opponent would be.
He said: “I just focus on what I do and I know what I do is good enough to beat pretty much anyone.
“I’m just concentrating on making myself better by working on every area. That way, I know I will be ready to beat anyone.”
For tickets, priced at £35, and information about bus travel to Gill’s next bout contact 01354 695211.