Upwell racer Jake Giddings lifts touring car trophy after triple triumph
UPWELL racer Jake Giddings expressed his delight after a triple triumph saw him lift the Production Touring Car Trophy.
The 17-year-old missed the practice sessions at the Croft circuit but still managed to qualify in third place.
He drove his Astra to a comfortable victory in the first race, dominating the field despite a gearbox issue in the closing stages.
Tricky conditions set in for race two but Giddings relished the challenge, clocking the fastest lap on his way to a seven-second win.
And a stunning competition was sealed in the final race as the teenage talent sped past his rivals to complete a trio of triumphs.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings said: “I am so happy to come to the Croft, which is a circuit I really like, and to take all three wins is brilliant.”
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed