Upwell racer Jake Giddings lifts touring car trophy after triple triumph
UPWELL racer Jake Giddings expressed his delight after a triple triumph saw him lift the Production Touring Car Trophy.
The 17-year-old missed the practice sessions at the Croft circuit but still managed to qualify in third place.
He drove his Astra to a comfortable victory in the first race, dominating the field despite a gearbox issue in the closing stages.
Tricky conditions set in for race two but Giddings relished the challenge, clocking the fastest lap on his way to a seven-second win.
And a stunning competition was sealed in the final race as the teenage talent sped past his rivals to complete a trio of triumphs.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings said: “I am so happy to come to the Croft, which is a circuit I really like, and to take all three wins is brilliant.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million