Upwell racer Jake Giddings lifts touring car trophy after triple triumph
UPWELL racer Jake Giddings expressed his delight after a triple triumph saw him lift the Production Touring Car Trophy.
The 17-year-old missed the practice sessions at the Croft circuit but still managed to qualify in third place.
He drove his Astra to a comfortable victory in the first race, dominating the field despite a gearbox issue in the closing stages.
Tricky conditions set in for race two but Giddings relished the challenge, clocking the fastest lap on his way to a seven-second win.
And a stunning competition was sealed in the final race as the teenage talent sped past his rivals to complete a trio of triumphs.
Giddings said: “I am so happy to come to the Croft, which is a circuit I really like, and to take all three wins is brilliant.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech