Upwell racer Jake Giddings lifts touring car trophy after triple triumph
UPWELL racer Jake Giddings expressed his delight after a triple triumph saw him lift the Production Touring Car Trophy.
The 17-year-old missed the practice sessions at the Croft circuit but still managed to qualify in third place.
He drove his Astra to a comfortable victory in the first race, dominating the field despite a gearbox issue in the closing stages.
Tricky conditions set in for race two but Giddings relished the challenge, clocking the fastest lap on his way to a seven-second win.
And a stunning competition was sealed in the final race as the teenage talent sped past his rivals to complete a trio of triumphs.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings said: “I am so happy to come to the Croft, which is a circuit I really like, and to take all three wins is brilliant.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal