Upwell racing star Jake Giddings struggles in crash-damaged Renault
UPWELL racing star Jake Giddings struggled with a re-shelled car in the final rounds of the Renault Clio Cup Championship at Donington Park.
The 17-year-old struggled to recover from the massive second round crash at Brands Hatch, which left his car badly damaged.
He qualified 16th and 17th for his two races at the 1.92 Leicestershire circuit, but his newly-repaired Renault was under-performing.
The College of West Anglia motorsport student struggled to deal with a broken suspension component that destroyed a front tyre.
But he maintained his position well in both races, finishing 15th and 16th for the Fenland-based Finesse Motorsport team.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings’ next two championship rounds are at high-speed Hampshire circuit Thruxton on April 28 and 29. They will feature live on ITV4 as part of the British Touring Car Championship package.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart