Upwell racing star Jake Giddings struggles in crash-damaged Renault
UPWELL racing star Jake Giddings struggled with a re-shelled car in the final rounds of the Renault Clio Cup Championship at Donington Park.
The 17-year-old struggled to recover from the massive second round crash at Brands Hatch, which left his car badly damaged.
He qualified 16th and 17th for his two races at the 1.92 Leicestershire circuit, but his newly-repaired Renault was under-performing.
The College of West Anglia motorsport student struggled to deal with a broken suspension component that destroyed a front tyre.
But he maintained his position well in both races, finishing 15th and 16th for the Fenland-based Finesse Motorsport team.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings’ next two championship rounds are at high-speed Hampshire circuit Thruxton on April 28 and 29. They will feature live on ITV4 as part of the British Touring Car Championship package.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre