Upwell racing star Jake Giddings struggles in crash-damaged Renault
UPWELL racing star Jake Giddings struggled with a re-shelled car in the final rounds of the Renault Clio Cup Championship at Donington Park.
The 17-year-old struggled to recover from the massive second round crash at Brands Hatch, which left his car badly damaged.
He qualified 16th and 17th for his two races at the 1.92 Leicestershire circuit, but his newly-repaired Renault was under-performing.
The College of West Anglia motorsport student struggled to deal with a broken suspension component that destroyed a front tyre.
But he maintained his position well in both races, finishing 15th and 16th for the Fenland-based Finesse Motorsport team.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings’ next two championship rounds are at high-speed Hampshire circuit Thruxton on April 28 and 29. They will feature live on ITV4 as part of the British Touring Car Championship package.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police