Vassall wins Tydd St Giles Spring Open - Golf round-up
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles’ Spring Open attracted 93 golfers from around the region in a stableford singles competition.
Overall winner was Mick Vassall with 40 points. Runner up was Craig Garner with 37 points. Duncan Connabeer was third with 36 points,
Division 1 winner ocb Steve Jeffries 33 points, 2nd Gary Fitzjohn 33 points, 3rd Lee Smith 32 points. Division 2 winner ocb Dave Abram 32 points, 2nd ocb Ian Millet 32 points, 3rd Gary Coleman TSGC 32 points,
Gedney Hill Golf Club’s Roy Britton Memorial Open: 1st Matt Dolby 42pts; 2nd C Savage 41 (acb); 3rd Bill Sharpe 41.
Men’s Section April Medal: 1st Nigel Baines 67 nett; 2nd Matt Dolby 68 (acb); 3rd Steve Sayer 68.
Seniors’ Section April Medal: Cat 1 - 1st Bill Murray 75 nett; 2nd Bob Townsend 77; 3rd Rob Newns 78. Cat 2 - 1st Tom Melvin 72; 2nd Bill Sharpe 77; 3rd John George 78. Cat 3 - 1st Carl Claxton 86; 2nd Roy Howe 89; 3rd Terry Grantham 91.
Ladies’ Section April Medal: 1st Nicky Weller 78 nett; 2nd Christine Lord 86; 3rd Marilyn Sayer 87.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 MP pops in our company that won 4 year battle to expand