Vassall wins Tydd St Giles Spring Open - Golf round-up
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles’ Spring Open attracted 93 golfers from around the region in a stableford singles competition.
Overall winner was Mick Vassall with 40 points. Runner up was Craig Garner with 37 points. Duncan Connabeer was third with 36 points,
Division 1 winner ocb Steve Jeffries 33 points, 2nd Gary Fitzjohn 33 points, 3rd Lee Smith 32 points. Division 2 winner ocb Dave Abram 32 points, 2nd ocb Ian Millet 32 points, 3rd Gary Coleman TSGC 32 points,
Gedney Hill Golf Club’s Roy Britton Memorial Open: 1st Matt Dolby 42pts; 2nd C Savage 41 (acb); 3rd Bill Sharpe 41.
Men’s Section April Medal: 1st Nigel Baines 67 nett; 2nd Matt Dolby 68 (acb); 3rd Steve Sayer 68.
You may also want to watch:
Seniors’ Section April Medal: Cat 1 - 1st Bill Murray 75 nett; 2nd Bob Townsend 77; 3rd Rob Newns 78. Cat 2 - 1st Tom Melvin 72; 2nd Bill Sharpe 77; 3rd John George 78. Cat 3 - 1st Carl Claxton 86; 2nd Roy Howe 89; 3rd Terry Grantham 91.
Ladies’ Section April Medal: 1st Nicky Weller 78 nett; 2nd Christine Lord 86; 3rd Marilyn Sayer 87.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road