Veteran speedster Martin is in top gear to take podium place
- Credit: Archant
Motor Racing March racer Martin Snarey secured a podium finish in only his second season in the Forumla Vee Championship,
Snarey, 53, of Cavalry Drive, competed in 14 races throughout a testing season that saw competitors battle it out at iconic tracks including Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Donington and Cadwell Park.
In his debut season last year, Snarey – a lighting engineer by trade – finished in sixth position but started this season in promising form, taking third place at Bradns Hatch.
And he continued to pick up points as the season progressed, leading into the final two races of the season, which took place last weekend at Donington.
Snarey only needed to make up 10 points to take third place overall and duly obliged – finishing fifth and sixth in the races to make up the gap.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is an excellent result after all the hard work that has been put in.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement