Veteran speedster Martin is in top gear to take podium place
- Credit: Archant
Motor Racing March racer Martin Snarey secured a podium finish in only his second season in the Forumla Vee Championship,
Snarey, 53, of Cavalry Drive, competed in 14 races throughout a testing season that saw competitors battle it out at iconic tracks including Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Donington and Cadwell Park.
In his debut season last year, Snarey – a lighting engineer by trade – finished in sixth position but started this season in promising form, taking third place at Bradns Hatch.
And he continued to pick up points as the season progressed, leading into the final two races of the season, which took place last weekend at Donington.
Snarey only needed to make up 10 points to take third place overall and duly obliged – finishing fifth and sixth in the races to make up the gap.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is an excellent result after all the hard work that has been put in.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million