Veteran speedster Martin is in top gear to take podium place
- Credit: Archant
Motor Racing March racer Martin Snarey secured a podium finish in only his second season in the Forumla Vee Championship,
Snarey, 53, of Cavalry Drive, competed in 14 races throughout a testing season that saw competitors battle it out at iconic tracks including Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Donington and Cadwell Park.
In his debut season last year, Snarey – a lighting engineer by trade – finished in sixth position but started this season in promising form, taking third place at Bradns Hatch.
And he continued to pick up points as the season progressed, leading into the final two races of the season, which took place last weekend at Donington.
Snarey only needed to make up 10 points to take third place overall and duly obliged – finishing fifth and sixth in the races to make up the gap.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is an excellent result after all the hard work that has been put in.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail