VIDEO and GALLERY: Wisbech Town 3 - 1 Clacton FC
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town moved to within four points of league leaders Dereham Town with a comfortable 3-1 win over basement side Clacton FC.
The Fenmen started strongly and it was no surprise when they took the lead after 15 minutes.
A swinging free kick was whipped into the box and Clacton’s Adam Daniels could do nothing other than to direct it into his own net.
Wisbech went two goals ahead ten minutes later through Joe Jackson, who ran on to Matt Lunn’s beautiful through ball and drilled the ball past the goalkeeper from the edge of the box.
Clacton pulled a goal back but Lunn put the result doubt with 15 minutes remaining, clamly slotting the ball home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen remain second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, three points above third place Gorleston with a game in hand.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl