VIDEO: Gale’s extra-time winner puts Wisbech Town into FA Vase Fourth Round
FA Vase Third Round: Witham Town 1 Wisbech Town 2 (AET)
The Fenmen netted the �1,500 prize with a memorable 2-1 extra-time victory over the in-form Essex side.
It had looked like it might be a long trip for Wisbech when they fell behind early on after failing to clear a long throw.
But Chris Bacon, who had spurned two golden first-half chances, equalised from close range just after the hour-mark.
The Fenmen got their winner in the first period of extra time as Gale controlled the ball smartly and smashed his left-footed finish into the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will find out who they face in the fourth round later today.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’