VIDEO: Gill forced to postpone bout because of injury but will be back in action next month
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Jordan Gill will step back in the ring next month.
The Chatteris boxer, 19, who has won all nine of his bouts, will compete in Peterborough on April 5.
He was scheduled to compete on Saturday but a hand injury has forced him to postpone the bout.
Gill said: “I damaged the muscle in my left hand sparring with Kid Galahad but I’m on the mend and I should be fine in a couple of weeks.
“It’s very frustrating but it is one of those things that come with the territory and you have got to look forward and be positive.”
You may also want to watch:
In Gill’s last bout, on February 1, he stopped Michael Stupart in the second round to clinch the British Masters Bronze super featherweight title.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success