VIDEO: Gill forced to postpone bout because of injury but will be back in action next month
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Jordan Gill will step back in the ring next month.
The Chatteris boxer, 19, who has won all nine of his bouts, will compete in Peterborough on April 5.
He was scheduled to compete on Saturday but a hand injury has forced him to postpone the bout.
Gill said: “I damaged the muscle in my left hand sparring with Kid Galahad but I’m on the mend and I should be fine in a couple of weeks.
“It’s very frustrating but it is one of those things that come with the territory and you have got to look forward and be positive.”
You may also want to watch:
In Gill’s last bout, on February 1, he stopped Michael Stupart in the second round to clinch the British Masters Bronze super featherweight title.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’