VIDEO: Gill forced to postpone bout because of injury but will be back in action next month
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Jordan Gill will step back in the ring next month.
The Chatteris boxer, 19, who has won all nine of his bouts, will compete in Peterborough on April 5.
He was scheduled to compete on Saturday but a hand injury has forced him to postpone the bout.
Gill said: “I damaged the muscle in my left hand sparring with Kid Galahad but I’m on the mend and I should be fine in a couple of weeks.
“It’s very frustrating but it is one of those things that come with the territory and you have got to look forward and be positive.”
You may also want to watch:
In Gill’s last bout, on February 1, he stopped Michael Stupart in the second round to clinch the British Masters Bronze super featherweight title.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash