VIDEO: Gill forced to postpone bout because of injury but will be back in action next month
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Jordan Gill will step back in the ring next month.
The Chatteris boxer, 19, who has won all nine of his bouts, will compete in Peterborough on April 5.
He was scheduled to compete on Saturday but a hand injury has forced him to postpone the bout.
Gill said: “I damaged the muscle in my left hand sparring with Kid Galahad but I’m on the mend and I should be fine in a couple of weeks.
“It’s very frustrating but it is one of those things that come with the territory and you have got to look forward and be positive.”
In Gill’s last bout, on February 1, he stopped Michael Stupart in the second round to clinch the British Masters Bronze super featherweight title.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack