VIDEO: Jimson’s rockets help rampant Wisbech Town to sixth pre-season victory
TWO thunderbolts from Darren Jimson sealed another glorious night for Wisbech Town as they cruised to a 4-0 victory over Holbeach United.
The powerful frontman followed up a wonderful dipping volley by hammering home a late left-footed drive from the edge of the area.
The free-scoring Fenmen have been enjoying one of their finest pre-season campaigns, plundering 25 goals in six games and conceding just two.
But Holbeach battled hard to frustrate Steve Appleby’s side in the first of half of last night’s friendly at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
Matt Lunn’s neat finish broke the deadlock in the second half, before a trademark Chris Bacon curler made it 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant manager Jimson then took over, walloping home his two late goals to put a gloss on the scoreline.
Wisbech host Northampton Sileby Rangers tomorrow in their final pre-season game.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
They begin their title challenge in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division at home the following week, against Walsham-le-Willows.