VIDEO: Lunn nets injury-time winner to send Wisbech Town’s players into raptures
- Credit: Archant
MATT Lunn grabbed a winner in the sixth minute of injury time to secure the Fenmen a vital three points at Wivenhoe Town.
Wisbech Town dominated possession and chances but struggled to break down the stubborn hosts who had set out to be as defensive as possible.
The bumpy pitch also did not help Wisbech’s passing game but they still managed to muster several good chances.
A bullet header from Paul Cousins sailed narrowly wide and several shots from distance just missed the target.
It looked like relegation-threatened Wivenhoe were going to grind out a hard-fought point but Lunn won a tangle with two defenders and broke free to score with almost the last kick of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen remain sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division but have games in hand on all the teams above them.
Their next game is away at promotion rivals Walsham-le-Willows on Wednesday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections