VIDEO: Mepal to host the first round of the Offroad Motorsport UK national series
- Credit: Archant
A newly formed motocross association is hosting the first race of its national series in Mepal next month.
On March 1-2, Offroad Motorsport UK, which was launched last Autumn, will head to Mepal to kick start the ORMS UK MX Nationals.
The series will take place over six rounds all over the country, finishing on the last weekend of August.
It is open to all riders, not just licenced riders, with entertainment offered at some of the rounds during the evening.
The MX1, MX2 and Clubman Adults will also have a Superclass race on Sunday with prize money being available per race as well as for he overall series podium winners.
An OMRS spokesman said: “Since the launch of the association in the Autumn of 2013 we have been inundated with clubs and practice facilities wishing to join ORMS UK from all corners of the British Isles, from motocross, trials and enduro clubs and riders.
“We understand that riders and our clubs need to keep costs low and that’s why we dedicate ourselves to make sure our clubs and riders costs are kept to a minimum.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
“We have recently made the decision to incorporate the entry fee for round one of the nationals into the registration fee we ask from riders who wish to join the nationals.
“This has been received very well by the motocross community all over the country.”
The series is sponsored by TMX News, Dirt Bike Rider Magazine, Wulf Sport, Performance Metals, Spanish MX Holidays, Rock Oil, Pro Green MX Cleaner, Spiral GFX, Revo Technik, Apico Factory Racing, Skye Energy Drink, IKandy Customs, MX Catering and Moto Pro Suspension.
For more information about OMRS go on Facebook to Offroad Motorsport UK, Twitter @OffroadMSUK or visit www.offroadmotorsportuk.co.uk