VIDEO: Millson strikes late to spare Wisbech Town’s blushes at FC Clacton
IN-FORM midfielder Adam Millson scored for the third consecutive game as his injury-time strike spared Wisbech Town’s blushes at struggling FC Clacton.
The Fenmen clung on to top spot in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 2-1 win, but they did not have it all their own way at the seaside.
Despite dominating the early exchanges, it was the hosts who took the lead from the penalty spot after keeper Alex Street had brought down an advancing striker.
Wisbech continued to pressurise the Clacton goal, but a cut up pitch meant the visitors were struggling to produce their flowing football.
They went in behind at the break, but Steve Appleby’s side were finally level after five minutes of the second half when Chris Bacon converted the second spot-kick of the game.
As the minutes ticked away it looked as if the Fenmen would have to settle for a point against second-bottom Clacton.
But their pressure finally told in the 92nd minute when a Rogan McGeorge corner fell kindly for Millson to lash it into the top corner - sparking wild celebrations.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
The Fenmen host Linton Granta in the Cambs Invitation Cup tomorrow before travelling to Norwich United in the league on Saturday.