VIDEO: Millson strikes late to spare Wisbech Town’s blushes at FC Clacton
IN-FORM midfielder Adam Millson scored for the third consecutive game as his injury-time strike spared Wisbech Town’s blushes at struggling FC Clacton.
The Fenmen clung on to top spot in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 2-1 win, but they did not have it all their own way at the seaside.
Despite dominating the early exchanges, it was the hosts who took the lead from the penalty spot after keeper Alex Street had brought down an advancing striker.
Wisbech continued to pressurise the Clacton goal, but a cut up pitch meant the visitors were struggling to produce their flowing football.
They went in behind at the break, but Steve Appleby’s side were finally level after five minutes of the second half when Chris Bacon converted the second spot-kick of the game.
You may also want to watch:
As the minutes ticked away it looked as if the Fenmen would have to settle for a point against second-bottom Clacton.
But their pressure finally told in the 92nd minute when a Rogan McGeorge corner fell kindly for Millson to lash it into the top corner - sparking wild celebrations.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
The Fenmen host Linton Granta in the Cambs Invitation Cup tomorrow before travelling to Norwich United in the league on Saturday.