VIDEO: Six of the best as Wisbech lay it on thick on away trip to Diss
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sent out a statement of intent to their promotion rivals with an emphatic victory 6-2 win away to Diss Town.
Chris Bacon gave the Fenmen the perfect start with the opening goal in the first minute before Danny White struck twice and Neil Spafford found the net to give the visitors a commanding four goal lead.
Diss Town fought back and grabbed a couple of goals but Wisbech responded through Spafford before Callum Reed sealed the win with the side’s sixth goal.
The Fenmen have climbed to 3rd in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division and have games in hand on both Dereham Town and Gorleston.
They will hope to continue their six-game winning streak when they face mid-table Hadleigh at home on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
CLUB SUPPORTERS COMMENT
The Fenmen showed little mercy against relegation-threatened Diss with four goals in the first half from Chris Bacon, Danny White (2) and Neal Spafford. The home side then pull a couple of goals back late in the half. Spafford adds his second and the Fenmen’s 5th just after the break, with Callum Reed completing the scoring on 55 minutes
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home