VIDEO: Six of the best as Wisbech lay it on thick on away trip to Diss
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sent out a statement of intent to their promotion rivals with an emphatic victory 6-2 win away to Diss Town.
Chris Bacon gave the Fenmen the perfect start with the opening goal in the first minute before Danny White struck twice and Neil Spafford found the net to give the visitors a commanding four goal lead.
Diss Town fought back and grabbed a couple of goals but Wisbech responded through Spafford before Callum Reed sealed the win with the side’s sixth goal.
The Fenmen have climbed to 3rd in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division and have games in hand on both Dereham Town and Gorleston.
They will hope to continue their six-game winning streak when they face mid-table Hadleigh at home on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
CLUB SUPPORTERS COMMENT
The Fenmen showed little mercy against relegation-threatened Diss with four goals in the first half from Chris Bacon, Danny White (2) and Neal Spafford. The home side then pull a couple of goals back late in the half. Spafford adds his second and the Fenmen’s 5th just after the break, with Callum Reed completing the scoring on 55 minutes
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre