VIDEO: Six of the best as Wisbech lay it on thick on away trip to Diss
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sent out a statement of intent to their promotion rivals with an emphatic victory 6-2 win away to Diss Town.
Chris Bacon gave the Fenmen the perfect start with the opening goal in the first minute before Danny White struck twice and Neil Spafford found the net to give the visitors a commanding four goal lead.
Diss Town fought back and grabbed a couple of goals but Wisbech responded through Spafford before Callum Reed sealed the win with the side’s sixth goal.
The Fenmen have climbed to 3rd in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division and have games in hand on both Dereham Town and Gorleston.
They will hope to continue their six-game winning streak when they face mid-table Hadleigh at home on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
CLUB SUPPORTERS COMMENT
The Fenmen showed little mercy against relegation-threatened Diss with four goals in the first half from Chris Bacon, Danny White (2) and Neal Spafford. The home side then pull a couple of goals back late in the half. Spafford adds his second and the Fenmen’s 5th just after the break, with Callum Reed completing the scoring on 55 minutes
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party